New Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom burkshire

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my new Tracker boat and someone at the dealer recommended this site. Said it had alot of tips and such.. Any tips to convince the fish that my first time out in the boat should be a eventful day and that they should bite all day long, would be great.

Tom,

Welcome aboard. Took a minute for me to decipher your handle. Wish I could do that.

Lot's of good people here, and plenty of good information. I'll make the same suggestion to you, that I have to others. Make your first trip to the water with your new boat, without tackle/rods/reels/etc. Just go run the boat.

Fish the second time out.

Where do you sit in the 'boat owner' category? Newbie, some experience or an 'old salt'?

Tex

Get your motor broke in all nice and tight, then spend some quality time with her!! Early mornings (with a topwater)!!

Welcome!!

TOXIC

Hello new tin owner. Welcome get comfy and enjoy the ride.

Wolf

Make sure you FULLY UNDERSTAND the break-in procedure for your motor (assuming you bought a brand new one). Breaking her in correctly is the best thing you can do for her. Yes, running wide-open sure is fun, but wait until she's had a chance to break in.

Welcome and tight lines to you as soon as the motor is broken in properly!...

I know you'll NEVER believe this, but I worked (for a week) in Ponca City OK!!!! LOL Was a IT consultant at a big plant their, don't remember the name of the company it was 10 years ago, but I remember driving by a lake!!

Welcome, and I 2nd everyone's suggestion to do NOTHING but get the motor broke in, learn/try all the buttons/switches and gadgets the first day!

Trep

Welcome! If you figure out how to have a banner day, share the secret!

Rich D

Welcome, Tom. There is another member here from Ponca City but I can't remember his handle. I'm sure he will chime in.

Trep. The only really big plant in Ponca City is the Conoco refinery now owned by Dupont. I'm sure you would have remembered that. There are two lakes Kaw Lake which is very big and Ponca Lake which is a smaller city lake. Ponca City is a beautiful little town. Has some fantastic mansions left over from the old oil millionare days in the early part of the past century.

Harpo

Welcome to the board and have a good time with your new boat.

T.S.

Welcome, you'll love this board, lots of great people. One word of advise if you stroll over to the BFHP web site, dont let it be known you run a Tracker/Nitro product. They never have anything good to say about our rides.

welcome, and good luck with the boat. I have a brother in Ponca City.

Glad to have you, you will learn alot real fast from some really nice folks, just remember, no matter what anyone else tells you, TIN RULES. Do not be drawn to the glass owners "dark side of the force!" And be prepared to have alot of fun, welocme again.

Latest posts

Back