New Tracker

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave P

Reaction score
Well after fishing for 15 years in a 12-foot Coleman Crawdad I finally took the plunge. I just bought a new 2002 Proteam 175 special edition Tracker. I took a friend at work for its first launch on Saturday. We only fished a couple of hours in a small local lake. I was amazed at how I was able to go everywhere that I used to go in my crawdad! We each only caught 2 bass but I did not care as I was getting used to the foot control! This boat is awesome and since I live in south jersey its perfect for the small lakes in my area. I hope to get on the local river soon to break in the gas motor. Love this boat.

Dave

If you didn't sell your old Coleman, and you have the space for it, don't. I regret selling mine for those time where it would have come in handy for "really small" electric motor only lakes...

Brian

I did sell it already. The lake I fished was only 18 acres with an average depth of 1.5 feet. I was in 12 inches of water and worked great. I guess because its a modified v instead of a full v.

Adam

Thanks I am sure I will have lots of questions!

Dave,

Congrats on the new boat. I have a 2001 PT 175 and if you have questions let me know.

Barry

Dave,

Congrats on the new boat. I have a 2001 PT 175 and if you have questions let me know.

Barry

Dave - Welcome aboard! We need more details on the 175 - Motor, options, and the like!

Great boat, that new all-welded hull and 10 inches wider than my 2000 CP 175 hull, as well as the new fiberglass console!

I know the feeling, traded from a 14 ft jon boat w/5hp to mine 175 w/40hp last January and LOVE IT! My problem is I can't stop addition stuff and may need to find a few thousand dollars to get a bigger motor to pull this beast (right John F!)

again - Welcome!

TrepMan

Dave,

Congrats and welcome. One tip, DO NOT under any circumstances allow Scott or Sgt to HELP break in your boat! LOL Cause they are really GOOD at it. NOt so much Scott, but ole Sarge can bust anything! He should chime in here after this! The folks on this board are great for info, and it's best to learn from our mistakes (and we all make quite a few) than to make them yourself. Hope to see you at the rally next year.

Rob

Congrats and welcome to the Board.

You'll find a wealth of knowledge and information here...just ask away and you shall receive.

I just found out that the lake 2 minutes from my house allows any hp gas motor today so I took the kids and went to break in the motor. Keep in mind that I only have the 25 hp motor but I was able to break the 20mph sound barrier!! Since I have to trim the motor manually I found the 2nd position (closest to the transom) to plain the boat pretty good. I absolutely love this boat.

So far after 3 launchings I have managed to leave out the drain plug, talk about panic! It was the fastest reload you would ever want to see.

I am amazed at how easy this boat is to keep clean although after just 3 launchings you would expect it to still look new lol.

Thanks to all that replied welcoming me to this board. You people are very knowledgeable

Dave

With speed like that, you better check out the BPS 100mph suit LOL

Dave - Forgot the plug before the 3rd launch, is that a new record gang??? LOL

You mentioned hitting 20mph already, remember to follow the breakin procedure very carefuly so that Merc will last forever! If you don't have a good break-in procedure, check out the one I put up (95% credit to Tracker here in Atlanta) in the Grab Bag.

Enjoy and as they say --- Rip some LIPS!!!

TrepMan

Hey Dave,

Congratulations on the boat. A few months ago I just graduated from an Old Town canoe to a TV-18 with a 90HP. It's a whole new world out there. You just feel so FREE (until you receive your payment book anyway...LOL) You'll find yourself wanting to venture out onto larger bodies of water and learning new fishing techniques. The best part is that now there's room to bring the whole family with you.

If by your 3rd launch all did was forget the plug then your doing good. I already hit 20mph with my TM still hanging off the bow by then...LOL

Have fun,

Marke

Latest posts

Back