New To This Site 2013 Nitro Z7 150 Pro Xs Optimax

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Adams

Reaction score
I'm new to this site, I have a 2013 Nitro Z7 with a Mercury 150 pro xs optimax. I can only get about 5200 rpms at full throttle with a 24p tempest plus prop any suggestions.

Jerry,
This issue is too complex for you to gain much help here. If you research on line a bit, you will begin to see that there are a multitude of factors that can contribute to the issue and lots of possible combinations of contributing factors. I hope you can get some help with it locally!

I have a 2011 z7 with a 150 opti max 6" jack plate 24 tempest plus. I can only get 5200 to 5300 rpm at 55 mph gps.. I have heard to go to a 23pitch or have it worked. I have not done either one of these because I'm not sure it is worth the cost.

rhersh and Jerry, be sure that you know the throttle linkage is set up properly. If the linkage doesn't allow full operation of throttle mechanism you wont reach wide open throttle due to that - unrelated to any other issues that might or might not exist. Just a thought.

rhersh and Jerry, be sure that you know the throttle linkage is set up properly. If the linkage doesn't allow full operation of throttle mechanism you wont reach wide open throttle due to that - unrelated to any other issues that might or might not exist. Just a thought.
I checked my throttle and it is opening all the way at WOT, I have it at the shop now and they said that the motor has never been over 5000 rpms since new and that it has no codes or alarms everything is fine with the engine as far as the computer shows. I'm just wondering if my set up is the cause of low performance?

Also the entire boat only has 33 hrs on it. I've researched it a lot on different forums and I notice alot of these Nitros have had issues with the hull being hooked. My dealer is going to check it this afternoon and see if it is in fact a hooked hull. I will post findings later this evening.

Thanks Jerry, I believe the hull hook issue related to a particular year model- 2011. That my be suspect in your case actually:

hook2.jpg

Latest posts

Back