New to the Forum. 2003 Nitro 288 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMcCabe

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm the original owner of a 2003 Nitro 288 Sport. It has a 150hp Merc XR6 outboard.

By and large the boat has been good. I've made a number of modifications/repairs to it and sometimes run into problems I can't solve. Hopefully this forum will help with that. I look forward to connecting with you all. Thanks.

Hey, welcome to the forum.
What's the most major modification you've done to it? Would be pleased to see some pics if you get the chance.

I started having electrical problems this summer and basically replaced everything. I should've taken up yoga first :) But finally all the systems are working properly. Mice have had a field day with speaker wires and some of the electrical. I've shored up a soft deck but that will ultimately have to be replaced. Diagnosed and fixed an overheating Merc outboard. The joys of a boat owner, right? I enjoy it all.

I just bought some of those. I'll give them a try. Hell, one year I found a litter of kittens in the boat. Needless to say, the cabin is fairly remote :)

Latest posts

Back