New to me 91 nitro fs180

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudman13x1

Reaction score
Ok so like the title says I just got a new to me 91 fs180 it has a mercury 150hp xr4 for an outboard I have a few questions about what somethings are and where others are lol thanks in advance and look forward to learning more.
First question is what is this? (Item circled in first pic) I'm thinking something with fuel but not sure without pulling it.

Attachments

• 20211017_184131.jpg
    20211017_184131.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 26
If you are looking to clean the boat up. try magic erasers. For seats give then a light spritz of tilex bathroom shower cleaner (not the daily rise stuff), let it sit for about 10 seconds them dip a magic erasor (or generic from the dollar store) and wipe off. Tough mildew stains wipe off like dust.

Use just the eraser for the other parts of the boat with a warm water soak before, works great. It wont be long before you're are shining up the enture rig. :)

If you are looking to clean the boat up. try magic erasers. For seats give then a light spritz of tilex bathroom shower cleaner (not the daily rise stuff), let it sit for about 10 seconds them dip a magic erasor (or generic from the dollar store) and wipe off. Tough mildew stains wipe off like dust.

Use just the eraser for the other parts of the boat with a warm water soak before, works great. It wont be long before you're are shining up the enture rig. :)
Thanks for the response and the cleaning advice she's in need of some tlc but she will be great come next season

I did type it out but you dip the magic eraser in a bucket of fresh water. This dilutes the tilex and washes away the mildew. I wipe down with a towel afterward and its done. If you want to go the extra step, spritz with Aerospace 303 protectant. its good stuff.

I did type it out but you dip the magic eraser in a bucket of fresh water. This dilutes the tilex and washes away the mildew. I wipe down with a towel afterward and its done. If you want to go the extra step, spritz with Aerospace 303 protectant. its good stuff.
Any time you clean vinyl you should follow up with some type of protectant to keep the vinyl from drying out. Most of the protectants also make it easier to clean next time. Be careful with Armor All it will make your seats very slippery. I know first hand after putting it on a motorcycle seat back in the middle 70’s. If you have trouble with your trolling motor sliding down thru the motor bracket put Armor All on it. Works great for that.

Latest posts

Back