1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Seats For 188 Sport

Thread in 'Forum Rules, Site Suggestions, & Help' started by LucasBass, Feb 21, 2019.

1. LucasBass

LucasBass New Member

Hey guys, I am looking at installing new seats in my 188 sport. I see bassboatseats.com has full sets for about $800. I was wondering if you had other places to look for seats. I looked into getting them reupholstered, but that was over $1,000!! Are their generic seats like on ebay/amazon that I can use? I saw a bunch on there for like $150/piece for a captains chair, or just using regular flip up seats in the back bench area from like cabelas? I just need to find the correct bolt pattern correct?

Any help or advice/previous experience would be helpful! Thanks!

2. Jeff Brekke

Jeff Brekke New Member

3. Jeff Brekke

Jeff Brekke New Member

I am looking at the same set to replace the seats in my 2002 188 sport. Did you purchase? How did it turn out?

4. Jeff Brekke

Jeff Brekke New Member

I didn't pull the trigger yet. I did send specs and pictures to them and the set will not fill the entire back bench. There will be around 7.5" left. I 'think' the fishing seats, centered would have some gap on both sides. The middle bench is only 24" ( mine is 29" ) and it is the largest they sell. It may look ok, but there will be a visible gap between the bench and the fishing seats. The company was very helpful, I used facebook messenger to reach out. I did look through all their photos, but didn't really see any shots of a nitro with the seats in them. Did you ever make the purchase and install?