new rods/reels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Received my Acadia Sports rods today, and reels for them. Paired spinning with a Shimano Sahara and casting with a BPS Pro Qualifier. Now waiting for rain and flooding to go away so I can hit the water.

Eric

Eric,

I know how you feel. I got a new casting rod and reel for Christmas and was planning on hitting warm water area of the lower Potomac this weekend, but 2" of rain in a short period of time took care of those plans! I attended a small fishing flea market this past weekend, bought some plastics and basically fueled the fishing want-tos to a fever pitch!

Scott

Try having a new boat you only got to use once before it got too cold. I am just jumping up and down to get on the lake but I am not a sissy and I don't fish when its 30 degrees outside. Ugh!

The cold doesnt bother me. After all the snow we got, then 4 staight days of rain, all the lakes and rivers look like chocolate milk and are way too high. Now it is snowing again.

Eric

Eric,

You might try Stonewall Jackson. Dad and I have fished it early with good results. It is big enough that all that rain and snow may not have affected it as heavy. It is not that far up I-79 from you.

Try a junebug colored 6" finesse worm on the standing timber and fish it real slow.

Scott

Hi, Scott. Stonewall is an awsome lake, fished there a few times, just never in winter. Also fished Stone Coal. Both about 2 hrs. for me. Thanks for the tip.

Eric

We were at Stonewall very early last spring and I was using a PBJ colored jig with a purple crawpappy as a trailer. To my surprise I brought up a 26" walleye. Nice fillets! Dad caught a 6+ lb largemouth also. I've fished Stonecoal also, but it has been some 27-28 years ago. We always thought the new state record musky would come from there.

Scott

Latest posts

Back