New Owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfolk22

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I just purchased a 2017 Nitro Z18 with a Merc 175. Boat is set up with a Min Kota Ultrex 80lb, Hummingbird Gen 2 Helix 10 at the box, Hummingbird Gen 2 Helix 7 at the console, hot foot, upgraded 3 blade stainless prop (not sure the brand or pitch), and keel guard. The previous owner did a great job setting the boat up, and I don't really see a lot of changes happening right away.

I started fishing local bass tournaments with a friend and we use his Nito boat. Since I retired from the military I've been wanting to have a hobby and plan to use her a lot year around hitting the lakes. I registered on the page to learn more about the boat, and of course get tips from the experts here on things I can do to keep her running in tip tip shape.

Another welcome and thanks for your service here!
You will be able to get some insights and opinions on most systems of your boat on this site... I have a 2017 with the 150 four that I purchased new at the end of 2016. I love mine. Look through some of my past posts. Be sure a get on your back under your trailer to check your wooded bunks right away. You may find them in very poor conditon depending on the use. untreated wood is used and it rots very fast. I had to replace all four bunks on mine in less than two years..

Another welcome and thanks for your service here!
You will be able to get some insights and opinions on most systems of your boat on this site... I have a 2017 with the 150 four that I purchased new at the end of 2016. I love mine. Look through some of my past posts. Be sure a get on your back under your trailer to check your wooded bunks right away. You may find them in very poor conditon depending on the use. untreated wood is used and it rots very fast. I had to replace all four bunks on mine in less than two years..
Larry thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back