new owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTT GARDNER

Reaction score
I guys just found this site.I have had my 2002 pro team 175 with 40hp sence july of 2001.It has done me will but alot of small things have went wrong with it.In the fisrt 30 min.of use the trolling motor wires burnt up: fish finder did not work: rod box did not lock: tail light fell of: screws on the transducer are striped can not adjust it up or down ( dealer said they where not striped but had nuts on the inside but u can not get them (right good save):trailer rusted in just 3 weaks (just fresh water): bearing outside cover has fell off: power plug did not work: timer on the live well dose not work(just found out that it dose not work never keep any fish): and sure i am missing something, oh yes the boat was full of metal.

shavings

Scott,

Sorry to hear of your problems...the PT175 is a great boat and one of Tracker's top sellers. It sounds like nearly every one of your problems stem from the dealer not properly preparing (rigging) the boat prior to you picking it up. Most of those items should have been tested and checked by the dealer...there is no excuse for shoddy workmanship and it sounds like that's what you got.

He is correct about the Transducer...that is the only model Tracker mounts that way, but you can get to the nuts from the back hatch, easy to replace.

If your dealer has not made things with you, I would suggest an e-mail to Tracker informing them of how this dealer rigged your boat,(and remember, it's not Tracker's fault) and then search for a good, reputable dealer for any future service work.

U are right about the rigging it was bad!!!! I do love this boat but i did pay far a new one not used,one would not think all this would happen to a new boat!!! They fixed it evey single time i toke it back,but 150miles round trip was hard to do all them times. Witch was 300 miles far each time that i had to take it far repairs take there then leave it then come back and pic it up.What a mess,i do not drive that far to fish.I bought it at the bass pro shop it NC.I complained about it and was told they would give me a gift card far all my truble but when i got there they said what gift card!!! SO NO GIFT CARD So dose anyone know why the time want work on rthe live well?

Can't help you there Scott, but welcome to the board. If anyone can help you, I'm sure they'll be on this site and more than willing to help. Sorry to hear about your boat. Hopefully, it is all resolved.

Rob

Scott,

If you have any further problems with the dealer, e-mail me first and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Latest posts

Back