New Nitro Z20 Owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brien Canty

Reaction score
2019 Z20 Pro. 9 &10 Helix Gen3's, still trying to learn, so any tips on the best settings would help. Home lake is Guntersville Lake. Also new to bass fishing so any techniques or tips please send my way, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and fish on.

Brien
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Sure wish I knew enough about the Helix equipment to advise:). I'm waiting for a local Cabela's to host a training seminar. Sounds like you got a great boat and equipment to start bass fishing.
Too, Bass Pro and others have fishing seminars that may provide value. An experienced fishing buddy, in your boat or partnered boat, would be very helpful. Fishing live bait or artificial bait (or both) needs to be determined.
Try Facebook for a group associated with Guntersville fishing. Obviously there's always some BS on those forums but some very good info too.

Get plenty of time on the water and practice. As my good friend always said, "keep your bait in the water and throw it 'til hell wont have it." Could be a lot of truth in that.

Keep us posted on your boat and fishing progress.

Boat pics?

Vic

Brien, you have a nice boat and nice electronics! I currently have Lowrance Hook2 units so I am not much help to you. If you want to learn more in general about using fishfinders, try visiting the YouTube page for Fish the Moment. Johny is young, but a great teacher on using fishfinders to find bass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2019 Z20 Pro. 9 &10 Helix Gen3's, still trying to learn, so any tips on the best settings would help. Home lake is Guntersville Lake. Also new to bass fishing so any techniques or tips please send my way, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and fish on.
Get ahold of hummingbird and they can refer you to their videos on" how to" regarding helix 9 and 10. On you tube there are a bunch of videos on set-up and advanced usage.

Check out texas fishing forum. While it’s geared towards Texas fishing there are similarities and it’s a lot of good general info. Good luck!

Thanks

Latest posts

Back