New Motor - New Suzuki 140 Four Stroke

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.northshorebass.com[/URL
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Well...here I go...hope THIS doesn't start a fight...

I have a Tracker Magna 19' with an OMC 115...Boat and motor are both 1993...but very low hours (not from me, but the guy I bought it from)...However, I have toyed with the idea of a "BIGGER" motor...at the same time I really think I want a foiur stroke....well no "bigger" fours...until...

The 140hp Suzuki four is really seductive...Any big ideas...thoughts...

I have followed a very "scarey" thread on the Walleye board about Suzuki service...but they are offering a great warranty and I have access to a great dealer who has been straight with me in the past...

Well anyway here goes...let the games begin...

Bear (the one in Illinois)

"Fear me all ye who dwell beneath the waves"
http://www.northshorebass.com

gary,you got the 115 on it,why screw with a good thing right now?i got the 90 on my magna,and it runs 36 with gear and 2 people.thats plenty fast enough for me.

i have read a few of the suzuki posts,it could scare you into not doing it.look at all the work you will be getting into.gauges possibly,controls,and the extra weight of the 4 stroke.

i would find a 150 evinrude and hang it on the back.the 2 stroke has been around for at least 50+ yrs.

oh well,just this poor mans humble opinion!!

Greg, Have you looked into what that new motor will cost?? Is the boat worth dropping 8-10k on a new motor??

I looked into putting a four stroke on my 1993 170dc a couple years ago. But after all that would need to be changed. the price was close to $8500.00 for a 115 Yamaha. Heck I only paid $13500.00 for the boat motor and trailer brand new.

I decided to just run what I had and save up for a bigger and better new boat later on.

Good luck

John

Greg, Kinda agree with Jeff and John on this one. By the way that's a really nice club web site, probably one of the best ones I've seen. Sure looks like you guys have a lot of fun!!!

The boat is 9 years old....... No need to consider warranty issues. Any dealer that can do work on an aluminum hull will do.

Greg, the only Suzie I've ever seen around this board was at the rally last year; a couple of guys showed up with one on an older Nitro - I don't even remember what model it was and I don't know if they are still around.

If you've got a good dealer who will stand behind the product, as we've discussed so many times before, you've got most of your bases covered.

If this is what you want to do - Go For It!

me!

Latest posts

Back