Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norm

Reaction score
Hello! New to the group from Ontario Canada.
Just picked up a 2000 NX750. I’m installing a Terrova 80 MDI built in, Helix 7 MDI G4N up front, Helix 7 MSI G4N at the helm, and network switch to upgrade my electronics.
I read in an ancient post that this boat with the 125 HP Mercury 2 Stroke was propped with a 26P. Wondering if anyone can confirm that as well as prop diameter. I have a Cabela’s 13 x 21P that came with the boat and I am getting 43-46 MPH @ 6500 RPM WOT. A 26P makes sense as the motor rating is 5250 RPM max and at 200-300 RPM per pitch the step up would be correct.
Also, the motor seems to accelerate funny. I throttle forward and there is no response until I am full throttle. Then she just takes off. No change in RPM until full throttle so it isn’t the hub. Has anyone had this kind of experience and any input on where I should start investigating would be appreciated. Throttle cable as an example. Thanks in advance.
B2C80079-6D8C-4935-BB34-4C4E52428B31.jpeg

Great photo. Are you still using your boat? Hopefully, guys with more knowledge will be along soon to answer your questions.

Welcome!

Just curious, how is the hole shot? That much of a pitch change would seem to make a huge difference. Is the throttle linkage the old cable style? If so they are adjustable and you should be able to change the point RPMs increase. You may not be even getting full throttle if the linkage is adjusted wrong. Just my thoughts. I have a 2021 V19 Targa with a 200 four stroke and a 17 pitch that will top out around 53mph. Factory setup

Great photo. Are you still using your boat? Hopefully, guys with more knowledge will be along soon to answer your questions.

Welcome!
Thank you. YesI am using her. She is new to me and only had her a few weeks now. Just learning about how she operates and handles as well as upgrading the electronics and equipment.

Just curious, how is the hole shot? That much of a pitch change would seem to make a huge difference. Is the throttle linkage the old cable style? If so they are adjustable and you should be able to change the point RPMs increase. You may not be even getting full throttle if the linkage is adjusted wrong. Just my thoughts. I have a 2021 V19 Targa with a 200 four stroke and a 17 pitch that will top out around 53mph. Factory setup
Thanks for the input. I have only had her out on the water once. I am getting her detailed right now and should be out again next weekend. The hole shot seems good once the engine winds up. I am going to look closer at the throttle when I get it back in a couple days. I was also loaned a 25P prop to try. Like I said, I Googled the prop and pitch for this boat and there is a really old post on this forum that said it was a 26P. It is actually the reason I joined this group. I will definitely post more in hopes that it may help someone else in the future.

After years of the same or near problem. tracker boats found an internal or main fuse which in the harness and a different prop. Changes with elevation.
After........ Good hole shot, 7000 RPM.

I know some of those motors had electronics that locked out two cylinders at low rpm and at somewhere around mid-throttle the other two kick in and you get that sensation and sudden lurching of the added power. Have to be careful the crew is ready for it.

I know some of those motors had electronics that locked out two cylinders at low rpm and at somewhere around mid-throttle the other two kick in and you get that sensation and sudden lurching of the added power. Have to be careful the crew is ready for it.

Lol. Not only the crew, but loading on the trailer as well!!
Yes there is a cam that opens the two other carbs. I may be jumping the gun on there being an issue as I have only been out once on the water. I did have a Princecraft with a 75 four stroke so I know it will take some getting use to. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and look into it a bit more.

Latest posts

Back