Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sold my 929CDX and just got my new Z20 Pro 4.6l 250 H.P. V-8. My 3rd Nitro. Bonita Springs FL.

Attachments

• 20181215_140650.jpg
    20181215_140650.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20181215_185232.jpg
    20181215_185232.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181215_140739.jpg
    20181215_140739.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20181222_104340.jpg
    20181222_104340.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20181222_104315.jpg
    20181222_104315.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20181222_104354.jpg
    20181222_104354.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: cq
Welcome aboard! Nice boat and damn if that anit some engine! Top speed?
Vic

That is one super boat! It would be good if you could check in here now and then for updates on what you think about it all as time progresses. The feedback would be great for those of us thinking we might want to upgrade to this level- the good and the bad if any.

Thanks for your inquiry. I love the boat so far it is a single console so it gives a lot more room to function. The fit and finish was top notch. The motor is the new 250 pro xs V8 4 stroke. Its starts instantly and makes a very throaty sound upon starting. It is very quiet once running you can carry on a normal conversation even while running on plane. Full tank of gas, two full live wells and full of tackle and 2 occupants it has a hole shot like a rocket ship. I am still in the initial break in period so have not given it everything it has to offer. Yesterday I gave it full throttle with partial trim up and took my foot off the hotfoot at 70.5 mph on GPS and it still had more to give. When you take your foot off the throttle to slow down at that speed you get just a little torque and it was a little squirrelly but you just hold the steering wheel firmly and it is quite controlled. It might just take a little getting used to and I will notice it less with experience. Very comfortable to fish from and the extra padding under the front carpet is a nice touch. The boat trailers very well and launches and goes back on the trailer very smoothly. The finish on the new trailers seems a little sturdier than painted metal on my 2005 929cdx. A couple of small disadvantages for me is reaching the tie down straps on the trailer with the addition of the hydraulic jack plate and talons you need to get on your hands and knees to tighten them but not to release them and at 73 it is getting tougher to get up and down. The rod lockers are absolutely enormous and will hold a lot of gear and rods. The tackle storage is more than adequate. I think the large center compartment could open a little more with longer pistons but is not a problem. There is no mounting location for a spare prop although there is more than ample space to install one in the compartment with the batteries etc.. Bass pro relocated the battery placement and the location of the genius 4 bank charger so you see it from outside the boat so you can check the charging lights without having to get in the boat and bend down to see it. there is plenty of room for your partners gear and has rod tie down for 6 rods and slide in butt slots for the rods. I got the optional glove box or drawer on the passenger side and it is weighted with a tendency to close on its own if you let it go. It will close sharply and if something light was on top of the contents it gets possible thrown into the cavernous open area behind it and may need a gripper to get it out unless you have thin arms. The addition of the small compartment between the seats which is also the step to back deck makes a good glove box too and it is lockable as well. Plenty of cup holders and slots for tools located around boat. The cooler is massive and has the sandwich container and waste basket. It makes for a partial step up to the front deck. The only problem so far is the speedometer does not work it will function when air is blown to it from the outboard but not in the water. When it goes in for 20 hour oil change after break in they will figure it out then. I hope this provides a small amount of the information for your review. I will add more as I use it more. Note I had a Lane Buster headlight installed on the trolling motor one the best additional purchases I made it works fantastic when it is black out. available from TH Marine around $50. well worth it.

Hey Don
Nice overall review of your boat. Now 70+ MPH, that's a "hoss cat"! Not sure I could take much of that:). 60 MPH is a little too much these days. Ha!
Good luck on the fishing!
Vic

BTW something in you posts reminds me to add here that you may want to custom cut out some stiff foam panels to place down in behind the lower wind screens. I cut mine at a height that allows me to use the modified shallow space to place items temporarily. So far nothing has blown or gotten sucked from the area-- but I can't speak for what 70+ MPH might do- Ha!

Latest posts

Back