New member from St. Charles Mo/Mark Twain Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Roebke

Reaction score
Hello all. Just came across this site. Currently own a 2011 Pro Team 165 with a 40 Merc. Wife and I are currently looking to upgrade to a Targa 18WT. Mark Twain Lake gets pretty windy and the 165 doesn't handle the rough conditions well at all. I gotta say I was very disappointed in the trade in value of the 165 from Bass Pro. I searched out this sight to get other's input in the Targa as far as quality, fishability, stability and overall impressions are concerned.

Welcome to the forum. I know nothing about a Targa but I assume Mark Twain must be a choppy lake so a deep V would be better suited (if that's what a Targa is). I like mine for the most part, although I wished I had went with a center console type. I didn't even know BPS did trade in's nor did they ask but I knew I wasn't gonna get anything close to what I put in to it restoring it. Actually only went initially to get a 4 stroke to hang on it and they didn't have any in stock. So you're buying new again??

BPS does trade ins, but the $ is a lot less than you can get by selling it on your own. You'll even do better at an independent Tracker dealer...they'll even tell you that since they're not allowed to deal at BPS...by the book only. Just remember, however, boat buyers at BPS get gift cards for 2 years and that's 20% off most BPS brands and 10-15% on all others(some product exceptions). If you're in need of a lot of gear, that discount adds up.

oh yeah, been doing that since I bought my boat. I owe, I owe, to the company store I owe. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back