New Member And Possible New Nitro Owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are Lee

Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2019 Nitro Z18 .. I've read a lot of negative reports about this and other Nitro's in the years of 2010, 2011 and 2016 .. Lots of these reports have to do with cracks in the decking, hull and fish boxes ..
I've looked into Triton and almost bought one .. but I have a very hard time getting out of the seat due to a very bad right knee and how low in he boat it sits in the boat ..
the Nitro I slip into and out of without any pain or stress ...on my knee.
My question is to .. ANY Nitro owners out there ..
am I making a mistake .. ?
what are your thoughts on your boat .. ?
this is my first "bass boat" as I've been a center console and salt water man all my 30 year fishing life.
Your thoughts and recommendations will be greatly appreciated ..
Thanks ..
a near 70 y/o ..
Are Lee

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2019 Nitro Z18 .. I've read a lot of negative reports about this and other Nitro's in the years of 2010, 2011 and 2016 .. Lots of these reports have to do with cracks in the decking, hull and fish boxes ..
I've looked into Triton and almost bought one .. but I have a very hard time getting out of the seat due to a very bad right knee and how low in he boat it sits in the boat ..
the Nitro I slip into and out of without any pain or stress ...on my knee.
My question is to .. ANY Nitro owners out there ..
am I making a mistake .. ?
what are your thoughts on your boat .. ?
this is my first "bass boat" as I've been a center console and salt water man all my 30 year fishing life.
Your thoughts and recommendations will be greatly appreciated ..
Thanks ..
a near 70 y/o ..
Are Lee
I'M 74 HAVE A 04 NX898 GREAT BOAT. I'M HAD 4 OTHER TRACKER. TRACKER WILL STAND BEHIND THE BOATS.

Welcome to the forum!
I purchased my Z18 last March. I have only limited complaints: live well leaks some water into the wells, the original trailer rims were badly warped and the glovebox seal/weather stripping leaks a little. I've not investigated the water leaking into the live well yet. The dealership replaced the wheels with riveted rims, rather than welded.

The pluses are many. Overall a very nice boat. Love the Merc 150 4 stroke performance and fuel economy. Handles and rides very nicely. Up on plane quick. Plenty of room.

I did replace the front casting seat with a fishing seat, like the factory rear fishing seat. This is something that should be done and negotiated at time of purchase. The Nitro seats are $500. Also likely will require a different pedestal for appropriate height.
Vic
IMG_1645.jpg

I recently bought a 2016 Z21, the previous owner became I'll after buying it new and had to sell it. It only has 38hrs on it so i'd consider it fairly new. I just spent a week on lake Guntersville in some very rough water. I have to say it handled it very well. I sold my TR20 Triton after I bought this boat, I was weary after hearing all the horror stories about Nitro. But I can honestly say its the best boat I've owned so far. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Back