New Member 95 Nitro 190TF

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PourSomeHenny

Reaction score
First-time boat owner here. Just wanted to say hello and tell you what I just bought. As the title says I got a 1995 Nitro 190TF with a Merc 150 XR6. Came with a Minn Kota 80lb thrust and 2 Garmin 93sv Plus. Now again this is my first boat. I haven't had the luxury to fish off other boats in my life and to be honest I'm new to fishing in general. I just started fishing just before summer started lol I mean I fished as a kid several times but don't remember a single fish I caught. My dad is an avid angler but we just didn't have that father-son bond growing up. I just did my thing while he did his, which was totally fine as we have a great relationship besides teaching me how to fish. My dad is a Vietnam vet and that kind of messed him up where he just liked to be alone and he didn't open up to me until I turned 18. So now here I am 39 years old and I'm just getting into the game and I'm diving in head first lol I started off salmon fishing as I live in the PNW hitting river with waders and I get a kick out of that. But then I started watching videos online about bass fishing and that really piqued my interest. Just watching these monsters hit your line and the way you hook set the fish with that quick snap! Man, I had to get me some of that! So my journey begins there. All I do is watch fishing videos and learn about gear and new technics on how to catch these things. My friends that do fish again salmon fish and don't know anything about bass. So I'm all alone here. My wife is very supportive of the things I do and she watched me all summer struggling to catch them which I'm fine with because that's how you're going to learn right? Fast forward to the middle of summer and I'm telling her I'm going to take our little inflatable raft and put a floor in it so I can get off the bank. Then it snowballs into I'm going to get a plan Jon boat. Then it changed to a Jon boat with a casting deck. Then I change it to a full-blown out Jon boat build. Then I started looking at real legit bass boats and saw how much those things are and quickly got shot back to reality and went back to my first original idea of the inflatable lol. Now, this is all I can think about and my poor wife has to listen to me talk about this stuff nonstop lol Well a couple of weeks ago she takes me on a drive and she started pulling into this driveway where there was a bass boat sitting out front. I ask her what are we doing here. She tells me she wanted to look at this boat cause it was a great deal. I'm in shock that she would even want to look at it. Like I said she's very supportive of things I want to do and she was ok with me getting a Jon boat but not a new bass boat. We got out of the car and this thing is beautiful. Kept in a garage the whole time he had it, just immaculate. The guy was really nice, we ended up hanging out with the guy and his wife for 4 hours just talking about fishing. I told him that I'd never used a bait caster and he gave me a new rod and reel to take home and practice! Great to see there are still nice people in this world like him. So we went home and talked about the boat and other options that I had as it would be way cheaper for me to do. But that very next week she surprised me and bought the boat for me! We went back to the guy's house and he took us out of the water to show us how to use everything and even fish for a little bit. Now I get that most people say they have the best wife in the world but I truly feel that I ALSO have the best wife in the world. For her to do something like that is amazing. I'm going to learn so much with this rig and I can't wait to get back on the water. I most definitely forgot a couple of little things he showed me so I joined the group to ask these questions here even though I know I could call him. Sorry, this post was so long but I wanted to share with you my FIRST boat experience. Tight lines!

Wow, that's a great write-up. Kudos to the wife, one of the best wives in the world.

Welcome and congratulations on your new boat and your first boat experience.
We like seeing pics, can you share some?

First picture is after I got it home. The rest of the pictures are from the past owner's home.

Nitro 190TF.jpg
00N0N_eexo8K9W0uz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_cUB20hCA6udz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00303_lGEbpacVLHoz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

First-time boat owner here. Just wanted to say hello and tell you what I just bought. As the title says I got a 1995 Nitro 190TF with a Merc 150 XR6. Came with a Minn Kota 80lb thrust and 2 Garmin 93sv Plus. Now again this is my first boat. I haven't had the luxury to fish off other boats in my life and to be honest I'm new to fishing in general. I just started fishing just before summer started lol I mean I fished as a kid several times but don't remember a single fish I caught. My dad is an avid angler but we just didn't have that father-son bond growing up. I just did my thing while he did his, which was totally fine as we have a great relationship besides teaching me how to fish. My dad is a Vietnam vet and that kind of messed him up where he just liked to be alone and he didn't open up to me until I turned 18. So now here I am 39 years old and I'm just getting into the game and I'm diving in head first lol I started off salmon fishing as I live in the PNW hitting river with waders and I get a kick out of that. But then I started watching videos online about bass fishing and that really piqued my interest. Just watching these monsters hit your line and the way you hook set the fish with that quick snap! Man, I had to get me some of that! So my journey begins there. All I do is watch fishing videos and learn about gear and new technics on how to catch these things. My friends that do fish again salmon fish and don't know anything about bass. So I'm all alone here. My wife is very supportive of the things I do and she watched me all summer struggling to catch them which I'm fine with because that's how you're going to learn right? Fast forward to the middle of summer and I'm telling her I'm going to take our little inflatable raft and put a floor in it so I can get off the bank. Then it snowballs into I'm going to get a plan Jon boat. Then it changed to a Jon boat with a casting deck. Then I change it to a full-blown out Jon boat build. Then I started looking at real legit bass boats and saw how much those things are and quickly got shot back to reality and went back to my first original idea of the inflatable lol. Now, this is all I can think about and my poor wife has to listen to me talk about this stuff nonstop lol Well a couple of weeks ago she takes me on a drive and she started pulling into this driveway where there was a bass boat sitting out front. I ask her what are we doing here. She tells me she wanted to look at this boat cause it was a great deal. I'm in shock that she would even want to look at it. Like I said she's very supportive of things I want to do and she was ok with me getting a Jon boat but not a new bass boat. We got out of the car and this thing is beautiful. Kept in a garage the whole time he had it, just immaculate. The guy was really nice, we ended up hanging out with the guy and his wife for 4 hours just talking about fishing. I told him that I'd never used a bait caster and he gave me a new rod and reel to take home and practice! Great to see there are still nice people in this world like him. So we went home and talked about the boat and other options that I had as it would be way cheaper for me to do. But that very next week she surprised me and bought the boat for me! We went back to the guy's house and he took us out of the water to show us how to use everything and even fish for a little bit. Now I get that most people say they have the best wife in the world but I truly feel that I ALSO have the best wife in the world. For her to do something like that is amazing. I'm going to learn so much with this rig and I can't wait to get back on the water. I most definitely forgot a couple of little things he showed me so I joined the group to ask these questions here even though I know I could call him. Sorry, this post was so long but I wanted to share with you my FIRST boat experience. Tight lines!
Great story, wonderful wife, nice people. Thank your dad for his service especially during those difficult times. U.S Army 72 - 75.

Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of folks here, you’re going to fit right in.

Ask away on any questions you have. Someone here will have the answers.

Welcome to the forum. Great looking boat.
Your story is great, except my wife might now be the second best. I got back into fishing about 4 years ago (when I retired). I started with a 10' flat bottom with oars, then a 12' with a trolling motor, then a 14' with a trolling motor, 9.9 outboard, and trailer (which I pulled behind a 26' trailer). I added a casting platform. Then I got the bass boat bug, and ended up with a 1993 Nitro 190 tf and a 150 mercury. After putting in a lot of work (and money) I had a great boat. But I couldn't fix my wife's mobility problems. She couldn't get into the boat, because of all the steps up and down onto a rocking boat. So late last year (sorry guys) I sold the 3 boats I had. Knowing how much I liked having a boat she made a suggestion. 2 weeks later I bought a 21' Tracker fishing barge pontoon. Now we can go out together, and really, fishing from a pontoon isn't all that bad.
1 piece of advice, if you don't know already: before you open the throttle, make sure that nothing will fly out. You might be surprised at how much tackle you can lose at 50 - 60 mph. Or so I have heard.
Enjoy. May the bass be waiting for you. The one you have been waiting for is only 1 cast away.

almost the same story here. had a 16 ft jon boat called a big jon , lowe line's version of an aluminum bass boat. stick steer up front . it was a real fishing machine . however it got old and it was fix it up to go fish and fix again when it came back. went by a boat shop and the wife said pull in here. there was this nice looking 1994 nitro 160 , rick clune edition . she said buy this . one note bass boats have 2 speeds , dead slow or planed out and fly.be sure the motor is trimmed down when you start.then when its on plane trim up til steering doesn't pull .

Latest posts

Back