New Here

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhersh

Reaction score
I'm new to the site. I have a 2011 Z7 150 merc. optimax looking to improve preformance as I feel it is a little slow so I will check out the site then probably ask alot of questions. From what I have seen so far should be a great place to find alot of different things. Some I may want to know and some I may not LOL. I hope everyone has a great new year.

welcome to the looney bin ahhh forums (sorry I keep forgetting where home is). For performance info, (I'm am NOT a prop person by any sort of the imagination) others would need prop to pad info, where the motor is mounted on the transom (how many holes up you have it now), is is on a jackplate, is a HOTFOOT connected and serial # of the motor (I can look it up or ask Don Weed of European Marine for more detailed info). Me, I'm more comfortable with wiring questions, lights, LED's, trailer wiring and some modifications on consoles. But I'm not an extreme modifier. Don't do fiberglass or welding. I got a buddy that does my welding modifications (like handicap rails on my tin boat)

Thank you for the welcome! Here is some info on my boat. It is a 2011 Nitro Z7 with 150 optimax, serial # 1B806403, 6" jack plate with another 1" with the tallon spacers so a total of 7" set back. It was at 5" below pad but after I did some reading I have moved it to 3" below pad. I will not be able to get it on the water untill this sping when the water gets a little softer. I don't remember what the rpm's were since it has been awhile since I had it out. The prop is a 24p tempest plus with large plugs did seem a little slow getting on pad also, and this last year my speeds were only around 52 to 55 gps full loaded for fishing. It has a hot foot, I also just changed plugs and fuel filter as after I would run then fish awhile then start it again I would put it in gear it would die right away, took it to the dealer and they could not get it to do it but did not have it in water or test tank. Any help or idea's appriciated. Again thank's for any help.

Oaklawn Park racing season starts on January the 9th, but if the rain stops for a few days with some sun, I will give you information on what soft water is like in the winter. Love to watch the ponies' run. Our winter is normally January and some of February, still very fishable. This is the time of the year I will hit the water on the weekends because most people will be at the races. Oaklawn Park is a twin to Churchill Downs, two races will be qualifiers for the Kentucky Derby.

I'm already on BBC site I have posted in the boat thread and got a lot of great info.. I will have to post in the motors thread and see what I come up with there, can never have to much info.. Can't wait for the soft water and no you don't have to brag about your soft water this time of year lol. I am jealous:(

Latest posts

Back