New here question about pro xp motors

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZANGLER

Reaction score
I have currently for several years now a 1993 Nitro 170TF Rick Klunn with 110 Johnson 2 cycle w/VRO removed. I am shopping for a new Nitro to start fishing larger tournaments like Wild West. I currently fish 3 tournament series a year locally 30-40 boats.

My question is I found a new 2018 z18 pro w/175 pro xs single axle for just over $35k

https://www.bassproboatingcenters.com/boats-for-sale/boatmodel/2018+nitro+z18-7202193.html
i also found at same place a brand new 2018 z19 single console w/200 pro xs Just over $35k as well almost exact same price as z18 pro

https://www.bassproboatingcenters.com/boats-for-sale/boatmodel/2018+nitro+z19-6336194.html
my two questions which would you choose and why and also are both these motors 4 stroke????????

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I would go with the Z19 w/200. They are not that different in size. The Z19 has a better livewell system which is important if you are fishing tournaments. Both seem to be able to handle big rough water, but I would always want a bigger boat when it gets rough.

In some cases bigger is not always better, however in this case yes it does apply. I don't know the spec's of either boat and that's what I would look at beam and length also brakes on the trailer and any extras on both boats. The outboard motors could be 2 cycle because that was the last year for the Opti Max. Pat is right about big water.

I texted the dealer he has yet to reply about motors 4 or 2 stroke. I'm not that worried about the trolling motor andfinders I havea new 24v ultrex with mega and a mega Di unit from my other boat im keeping.

I texted the dealer he has yet to reply about motors 4 or 2 stroke. "
I have a 2018 Z18 with a 175 HP ProXS. It has a two stroke. So you want to definitely get it in writing. I think (not positive) the std Z packages with all 4 strokes started in 2019.

Latest posts

Back