New Guy Here..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. New guy to the board. But have owned a few Tracker boat's. I still have my 1987 16' guide special and just solid my 1995 pro 16' to help fund the purchase of my new to me 2001 Tracker Targa 17 w/t with 80 hours on it. Do any of you guys know much about the early Targa 17 boat's any info would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard Charlie.
This old board has been a bit slow lately but, some old originals from Nitro and Tracker still frequent. Things will pick up as we close in on Spring.
I can't help with any older Targa info. But I can steer you to someone who can. After I retired years ago from my career, I went to work at Cinci. Bass Pro for 7 years. Call and get hold of Pete in Tracker (Cincinnati BPS). He's a good guy and knows the older stuff!

p.s. If he's still there. I haven't worked there for 11/2 yrs now.

Well, I had one of these. Haven't been on the board lately. What is it that you want to know about this boat? Did it come with the 90hp Merc that used to be common on this rig? Let me know what you are interested in, and I'll see what I can answer.

I had mine for almost 2 years, used down south for Bass and panfish. Nice 'dry' ride, and did well enough in larger water (not the Great Lakes type water, but bigger impoundments. I also used it in skinny water quite a bit - has a pretty thin draft on it when running.

Quality of the build was 'good', and other than an electrical problem with a control module in the engine - not really any problems.

Again, let me know.

Yes it has the 90hp mercury out back. I was just wondering if there was anything particular with these boat's.. How about the Hull's .. How do they hold up any know problems with the Targa. And how did the Boat do with the 90hp on it. This boat is new to me and have not had it in the water. Will have to wait till spring to do that. Thanks for any reply

Latest posts

Back