NEW Camaro for the weekend!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
The corp. just started a new perk for employees,.....we can sign out a NEW car for the week or a weekend. Either a Mon - Fri a.m......or a Fri - Mon a.m. At 1pm today I'm picking up a Victory Red Camaro SE with white stripes,..V8,..leather,...Auto Trans with the Manual override (Paddle shifter on the strg wheel),...loaded!! One BADASS car! (all the corvettes were already taken!!) Tonite the wife and I will do a little "cruising"...go up to BPS so I can pick up a new shirt...and then we'll take the long way home!! Going to see my Mom tomorrow too (it's her 84th B-day),...and then I'm going to play golf with my college roommate after lunch.....then the "party" in the evening!!..gonna be a GREAT weekend!

...oh,..and by the way,...the "party" tomorrow evening is my 35th High School Class Reunion:wub:....what a coincidence!! LOL. :rolleyes:

I just love it when a plan comes together!! I'll post pix's early next week!!

Mac

and they also give us "unlimited mileage",..100 free minutes of on-star phone useage too...so we can call or go visit anyone, anywhere,..anytime..to cool!! We can sign out 1 car per Qtr,...so I'm going to try and get a Cadillac CTS over Thnxgvg!! If I can't work that one out, then I'll get a car for a whole week next summer during the Woodward Dream Cruise! All we have to do is bring it back clean,..and gassed up. ;)

LOL...the only water it will see this weekend is from the carwash,..and the tears from the 'Stang and import drivers!:p

Sounds like an 'executive perk' to me. I'm sending it into the Auto Industry Savior so that he can come back down on you! ;)

In the mean time, drive it like you stole it! :D:D:D

They are great looking vehicles. :wub:

Tex

Now you know how Noah felt, on his birthday! Enjoy the PERKS!!!

Oh and just be careful on those "stangs", if its the 2011 5.0 (412HP to the Camaro Auto 400hp:) , you won't necessarily win :)

But MAN what a great Perk!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...the Stangs just make a lot of noise...not that fast.:rolleyes:

this is frikin cool man!! A little payback for the asspain the last couple of years!

Enjoy the ride man!

Take a pic for us! Everyone be careful when you review this post again. If the pic is there you might drool on your puter.:p

I know I love mine..By the way It will be for sale as soon as the convertables are out...Hey Mac when will they be out..It's sure fun to have everyone look as I go by..

JR

LOL...the only water it will see this weekend is from the carwash,..and the tears from the 'Stang and import drivers!

And from Mac when he has to turn it back in. ;)

Show off....wait, isn't that a sign of a midlife crisis???;)

Nice perk, Mac! Enjoy.

Just out of curiousity, what happens to the cars after the employees run them? Are they still sold as "new"? Or do they go into a lease program? Maybe its a great way to get a deal on a lightly used (okay - maybe not so much with respect to your Camaro!) vehicle?

Dunno if I'd ever want to buy a sports car that two middle aged, adolescent minded MI anglers (Mac & Mini)took out for a weekend! Sounds like an episode of "Cops" just waiting to happen. :D

I was no where near that car. I am innocent! Innocent I say!

There was a competition orange and black SS sitting not 2' behind me in the showroom last week when I was buying my Silverado. I had a hard time paying attention to what the man was saying while we were dealing. Come to think of it, I'd better go over my paperwork again.....:lol:

Scott

Man alive,...what a machine!!! That was the fastest, most responsive, tightest steering, just plain AWESOME car I've ever driven!! When the convertables come out (early next year) that plant will be on 24hrs 7 days!! GUARANTEED!!!

When Kathy and I went for a ride Friday night (her first time in the car),...we went to do a few errands,..after I backed out of the driveway, I put it in the "manual mode" and dropped it down to low and punched it,..."HOLY,..@#%@#~@#@$!!" she said,.."What are you doing?!" I just said,.."Pretty cool huh??!" ..she wanted to go back inside and change her pants!! (J/K) We had a riot over the weekend....but I'll say this,..with a car like that, you might as well drop "MPG" right out of your vocabulary! I want one!!!

Here's Kathy and the "Stain maker!":lol::p

Cam3.bmp

We never got a chance to check out the car, but it looked good in the parking lot. It was good seeing you and meeting Kathy finally. I got a chance to talk to her for a few minutes while you and Peggy were both talking to your classmates. She's a very sweet lady. We both did well on the wife pickin'. :wub:

Gene

Yes we DID!! It was very cool to sit and have dinner with Gene and Peggy (Smith) Bryan.

Peggy and I were classmates and good friends,..we had a LOT of laughs back in the days, building the Sr. Homecoming Float and going to various class parties, etc. Who would've ever thought that she would've married another guy from the NTOWS and we'd hook up again?!..TOO COOL!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen,...Meet Gene and Peggy Bryan!:wub:

P&G.bmp

Awww! :wub:

Well, time to go pick up my trolling motor. Maybe I can sneak out to fish this afternoon too.

Gene

re: Man alive,...what a machine!!! That was the fastest, most responsive, tightest steering, just plain AWESOME car I've ever driven!!

Mac - Ever driven? Poor baby to have led such a sheltered life.

They are certainly great looking vehicles.

Tex

....TT,..I should've said,.."Ever driven for a weekend!". I've driven lot's of faster Vette's,..but they were short drives on a closed course at the proving grounds.

Sheltered life?? UHHHH,...NOT!!..if you only knew how far from the truth THAT statement is! LMAO!!

Clarification accepted.

Occasionally, when my core group of buddies and I get together, the young ones are around. They simply don't 'get' all the discussion around our cars and the time that we grew up.

The late 60's to the mid-70's was a 'one shot deal' on Big Powerful Muscle Cars. I (like many others here), was fortunate enough to have my late teens and early 20's coincide perfectly with this time frame. :wub: :wub: :wub:

During one period, we both had our 'cars' parked just outside our apartment.

His: 1968 Shelby GT 500, automatic with a 528 CID engine.

Mine: 1969 Plymouth GTX, 4 speed with a 440 CID, 375 HP, 425 ft. lbs tourqe

We would both 'street race' at the drop of a hat. Surprised they didn't lock me up!

Just imagine 'Tim the Toolman Taylor' jutting out his chest and doing the 'man growl' thing!

Tex

Mac - next time you get one (if you haven't already) try this (we did it with the one for Noah's Birthday:

1. Turn off Traction control

2. Manual mode, into first gear

3. Hard foot on the brake, 2 hands on the steering wheel

4. Throttle up to about 3000rpms

5. Quick foot off the brake and HOLD ON! Smokey burnouts like you won't believe!!!

Trep,....been there,...done it!! LOL

Toxic,...PUUUHHLLEASE!!! The only thing "chicky" about THAT car is all the one's who wanna ride in it!!:eek::rolleyes::cool:

I have to chuckle at Trep's 'instructions'. Those of us in the 'older generation', don't need any instructions.

The GTX that I had (still miss it greatly), could 'light em up' all the way through 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear, and then at least 'chirp' the tires when hitting 4th. The tires that came on the car didn't last 3 weeks! :wub: :wub: :wub: :cool:

Tex

Latest posts

Back