New Boat!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Ambrose

Reaction score
Just got the 2012 Targa V-18 Combo with the 150 Optimax on Friday and had it out all weekend. Absolutely love the boat and I'm glad I upgraded to the 150. Everything is still new but I was on plane at 3200 rpms and was cruising at only 2800 rpms. The Optimax is much quieter than I expected and the stability of the 102 wide is fantastic. The only complaint is the steering is very stiff and I now see the 2013 model has hydraulic steering. Hopefully after break in it will loosen up a little.

Congrats on the boat, I have the same rig I have about 40 hrs on mine steering has not loosened up although the only time I find it to be a pain in the butt is when I am pulling the kids on tubes, normal running around fishing etc. you get used to it. Really happy with this boat so far.

Thanks Todd. I'm thinking I can add hydraulic steering somewhere down the road if it gets to be to much of a pain in the neck.

Congrats Chuck!!!

I'm looking at the same boat right now. My wife and I really like it. We were pretty well set on the Tahoe Q7 SF. But this one just fits our family better. The Taho is a little classier looking but I believe the Targa will be a great boat. We love to fish and can't wait to wakeboard and ski or whatever. Plus I think it will handle the Big waves that blow up at Lake Mead every once in a while.

Good Luck with yours and I hope to be able to post an update soon of our purchase.

Dave

Dave, my wife and I love the boat so far. She especially likes the wide gunnel making it easier for her to get in and out of the boat. We were out in a pretty good chop last weekend and the boat handled quite well. Everybody has their own preferences but for me aluminum is alot easier to take care of than fiberglass.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back