New Boat Owner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERIC GARDNER

Reaction score
Hello My name is Eric and I am the new owner of a 1998 Tracker proteam175 with a 40 Mercury 4-stroke. Love the bout but I have an issue. My navigation lights do not work but I think I have the wires wrong to the switch. Do anyone have the ability to tell me the correct wire configuration for the terminals for the navigation light switch?

Eric, where are you located? I love doing wiring but cq should be spot on. Voltmeter, check voltage going TO the switch, then verify when switch is in NAV position, you should have 12v coming out 2 blades on back of switch, then flip to ANC and should be 12v on one blade. If no voltage coming out, bad switch IF no voltage going in to switch, then check breaker, voltage coming in but not out, bad breaker. Otherwise is a wiring problem. Here's a typical wiring scheme for nav lights. Diagram below doesn't show a ground to switch but if yours is a lighted rocker, then one blade will be the connection for a ground common and lights that bulb.

78719d1360419887-navigation-light-wiring-dual-stations-boat_light_diagram.jpg

Latest posts

Back