New Bearings for Curado SF

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score

One of my favorite reels is a 4 year old Curado 200 BSF that I keep on my favorite Falcon spinnerbait rod. Latley the reel has started making a noise that isn't factory and casting distance has diminished. I flushed and re-oiled the bearings using Quantum Hot Sauce but it didn't help. I'm never sure the oil is actually going down into those factory bearings or not.

I'm thinking about swapping the bearings with either ABEC 7's or go all the way with the ceramic bearings. Can't decide if the ceramics are worth the extra cost or not. After all this is on a spinnerbait rig with a 6'4" rod and distance is usually not the goal but if I like the results I'll do the same upgrade to the same reel on my pitching rod. Anyway from the tests I read on Heartland Tackle's website it looks like you only gain a foot to two on a very long cast with the ceramic bearings.

Have any of you guys ever upgraded you Curados with these bearings? What were your experaniances?

Harpo

Send it out...I just my 7 year old Curado redone and it was doing the same thing. I forget what they replaced at a local shop but, it was 0nly $16 and it works great now.

Get the ABEC 7 bearings...Either Jim at Heartland or Connie at Lake Fork will work wonders for that reel. I'm now 100% ABEC 7 bearings in my Shimanos and they do make a difference. Have one with the ceramics and it is indeed an improvement, but pricey.

Back