Needed a break but not this kind!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
Hi all,

Decided to take a break and try and process all the information that has been given us in the last week by taking out my sister and boyfriend fishing. To make long story short, went to move to a different spot, trolling motor no go. Checked plug, prop, battery, nothing.....all other accesories work. Anyway, it is the Motorguide 46 LB. that is standard on the Pro team package. Just got the boat in March brand new. Kind of scary that stuff is breaking sooo soon. I thought I'd have a least a year of trouble free operation. Guess that's what I get for thinking. The prop is not jammed, just won't turn went you power it up. Any ideas on what to check or should I just take it back to the dealer and kiss the rest of the season good bye?

Thanks all!

Barb

Thanks Mac!

I was just wondering if I should check anything else that might cause this that is common and I don't know about. I plan on calling the dealer this morning.

Thanks again,

Barb

Did you check to see if there is a manual re-set circuit breaker on the trolling motor wires? You may have tripped the breaker and it needs to be re-set.

Barb, I have a PT185 and it has manual circuit breakers just to the right of the drivers seat near the live well control. It's a panel with 2 push button type resets. You might look and see if yours has the same thing or something similar.

Thank you one and all,

As soon as I get out of work I'm going to check under the foot pedal, see if I have a circuit breaker, or a reset button, and the fuse off the battery. Will let you know what I find, and again thanks all!! With luck, one of the above mentioned will be the problem and will save me a trip to the dealer.

Barb

Latest posts

Back