Need your prayers!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
I usually don't ask for much,....infact, rarely!! But today I could use your help!! My brother as some of you may know, is a retired military vet (USMC and USN SEAL) who, after 20+ years of hard core service, is suffering from the affects of over 2000 sky dives, bullet wounds, hand to hand combat, Desert Storm service, Somalia service, countless marathon's and God only knows what else!! Today he's having a hip replaced,...and in May, will have the other hip replaced,..and later this summer, is having a shoulder either replaced or reconstructed. He's 58 and newly retired from a stellar career in the private sector working in National Security and counter-terrorism. He's done more for this country behind the scenes than we'll ever know!! He's also my best hunting, martini drinking and cigar smoking buddy on the planet!!! He's the epitomy of a true role model and I couldn't be prouder to be his brother!!

Would really appreciate a shout out from all of you, to the Big Man upstairs, for a successful operation today and a speedy recovery. This isn't going to be a fun year for him, but he's NEVER been a complainer or asked for anyone's help (well...except for occasional fishing advice), but I'd like to ask you all for him,.......your thoughts and prayers would be very much appreciated!! :wub:

Thanks gang.......I'll let you know how everything went as soon as I hear from his wife!

Regards,

Mac

Prayers sent big guy;)

Do me a favor and Thank him for me.

Prayers sent...

Tell your brother thanks for all he has done to keep our country free and safe.

Aw geeze Mac, best wishes to Gordie, to say he is tough is a true understatement I'm sure he'll come thorough it with flying colors and he'll still be whackin deer from the porcelain throne in his house!! Prayers sent and let me know if there is anything I can do to help. He is a true patriot, we all owe him a debt of thanks.

TOXIC

You got from me... He's one swabbie I can appreciate...LOL Hang in there..

Nothing but the best thoughts and prayers for your 'role' model (we'll excuse you the typo just this once).

I have a friend going through 1 hip replacement (both have been replaced previously), and will have both knees done later this year.

Tex

You've got them. Thank your brother for his service from my family to yours.

Jim

Your Brother has my prayers, and to his family as well. And I suppose if you ask him, "Will you do it all over again" He would say, "Hell Ya".

Prayers sent your way. Hope all goes well. Big hug!

BIG UPS to the Big Guy for Gordo!

Thanks everyone,......I'll make sure he see's this thread. BTW TexTrans...thanks for the spell check!! I fixed it,...but it wasn't entirely wrong,...he's a "role model" in the truest sense,....but extreme hedonism is how he and I "roll" ;):rolleyes:

This board rocks!:wub:

Prayers are on the way God bless your Bro.& thanks for his service unlike Teri I will just shake his hand.:wacko:

Count mine too, for a speedy recovery and my thanks.

Gene

Prayers sent for successful surgeries and recoveries every time!

Tell him my wife and I thank him for his known and unknown;) service

to our great country. We hope he's back to his old self soon!:cool:

SWEEET!!! My mom just called me, and he's in recovery now,.....the surgery went A-OK and his wife just left the hospital to go pick up their son, and they'll go back this afternoon as soon as he's in a regular room. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers,....he'll probably want to get up and walk tonite!! I hope the nurse's station has a AR-15 loaded with morphine darts,....they're gonna need to put it on full auto and empty that clip in his arss to keep him down!!:blink:

Thanks again everyone!!

Mac

Here's a pix of him and his son Kyle,...and the Commandant of the USMC

GordKyleUSMCComm.JPG

Old S.E.A.L.S never die they just replace the broken parts and send them back to the fight. Good LUCK and godspeed in the healing process.

fatrap:)

Prayers sent for your brother's healing and for the whole family. You need anything, just say so.

Prayers for your bro', his family and yours. Please pass along my sincere and heartfelt gratitude for his service to our country, from an ol' crusty Army Warrant!

JP "CW4 Heintzman"

Glad all is well thus far. Praying for a quick recover and thankful for his service.

WoW Mac, you know darn well I will say prayers for your brother as many times as I can but I never knew what his name was until I noticed a post from Hammer that it was Gordie earlier this evening! Especially with my background I wish and pray for a complete recovery to Gordie... Anyone with that amount of jumps gets my unbridled respect! Get better as soon as you can Gordie! I don't know you but I do know your brother and I will wish a better future and recovery to any Airborne soldier!

Get better Gordie, Uncle Billy,Co. E, 2/501 AIRBORNE DIVISION...

Uncle Billy

I just read the thread and very glad to hear all went well! My prayers are still coming, for a full recovery now.

May God bless him and those who love him (all Americans should), for what he has given us! Thank you sir!

Mac, best wishes to him and many thanks for his sacrifices on behalf of the rest of us!

A big "oo-rah" and prayers out to him Mac. The hip stuff should be a breeze [relatively speaking], but I've heard from a couple of COLs out here that their shoulder surgeries were the worst **** they've ever suffered [both stressed following doctor orders was a must]. All the best. And I'm wondering if he thought Somalia sucked as much as I did?

Hey Mac,

Prayers and a big THANK YOU going out for your brother. And happy to hear that all went well.

Sue

Marty,....yeah...Somalia sucked really bad. That's where he was wounded twice (same battle) and one of his team mates ended up losing an arm. That is one POS country,...he was over there during the "Black Hawk down" campaign when WO Durant was held hostage!!

Prayers said, Mac. More will be said in the coming days.

Really glad to hear About your Bro doing well..As always Prayers are out there and He Is what Service Is all about,I thought I had It tough..He's the poster for the Marines....Keep us Informed,Maybe one of these days I will drive across the state line and have a shot make that a Bottle of Tequila with you both...JR

LOL @ JR.....I sure wish I still had that pix of you with that bottle...that was hysterical!! I still smile when I think about it!! :lol::wub:

Mac, Dang man, I am sorry I missed this one!

Prayers up for his continued recovery! I see he scheduled this around deer season!! HAHAAHAH

LOL@ Carlos,....yeah buddy!! He lives for hunting season....he's gotta get EVERYTHING fixed by August, so he's back in the saddle (or treestand) by Oct!!

I called him this a.m....just want to tell everybody he's doing GREAT!! He's home already and actually climbed stairs to get up to his bedroom!! He hates the walker and crutches, but he'll use them when he has to. Fatrap and Dennis,..you guy's are both right!!...He hated being in the hospital...he told me this a.m..."I had to get out of there...it sucks just lying around knowing I can't do ****!!...atleast at home I can bug the hell out of Kelly!" LOL Same old Gordy,.....:lol: His Dr. told him he had 2 bone spurs that were "SO BIG he had to take pictures of them!!" Then Gordy said,.."Cool..Medical Journal grade huh?" Dr. said,.."Well......not THAT big,..but they are note worthy!!" HA!!!

Anyway,...thanks ya'll for your thoughts and prayers...I'll print out this thread and mail it to him in the card we got...it's hillarious!!

Carry on Samari's!

Mac

Latest posts

Back