Need some clarification!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
In Terry's post, I wondered why he is selling his one year old boat rather than trading it in. The Nitro dealer up here and a couple of other marinas showed me "the book" OOOOo! Can someone please explain why Nitros and Trackers depreciate faster at first than a lot of other brands. When I went to trade in my 2 year old Super Guide, (after repairs for those that remember) I was blown away by it's value as opposed to what I had paid for it. That's just not right. I need to go into the used car/boat business, and while I'm at it I'll start an insurance company, I'm gonna rip EVERYBODY OFF!!! Just like they do! Not really, I'm not like that, just trying to make a point. Point made. If anyone has some light to shed, shed away.

Rob

At a boat show a dealer that was trying to sell me a different brand boat (after I told him that I was going to buy a Tracker) said they have very bad resale value. His reason was that the "buying public" has the opinion that the Tracker and Nitro packages are inexpensive so when they are used they should be worth a lot less. I just shook my head and gave him the #1 sign and walked away. That is the only thing I have ever heard about resale value.

Latest posts

Back