Need Reels with Flipping Switches

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Right now I am using one "ancient" Abu baitcaster and one older Pflueger with flipping switches for drifting with "three-ways" (a three way swivel with a dropper of 6-12" and a weight from 1/2 - 3 ozs and then a leader to a plain hook or a floater for live bait) one in each hand so that the flipping switch allows you to more easily keep the weight on the bottom as you drift or move with your trolling motor. Anyway, I am looking for four more reels. Need to retire the "old ones" and I need to have two more for guests (co-anglers in draw tournaments...we "must" provide our cos with all gear and presentations").

I am looking for suggestions on baitcasters with flipping switches. I know that BPS Extremes have one model, are there any other brands?

Take a look at the Quantum Accurist PT ($129.99). The Accurist CX ($79.99) also had a flipping switch but is no longer listed in the BPS catalog. Another option is the Shimano Castaic which has a sort of flipping switch thumb bar.

I use the Shimano Castaic, great reel, perfect for pitching and flipping. The thumb bar is ideal for me. Very smoooth.

Greg,The new KVD reels also have the flipping switch and they are offered at BPS. They were on sale for 79 during the classic but I think they are 99 now.They are a great reel but they don't have the PT bearing like the Accurist does.It does have 10 bearings and the Accurist is 5.You can go to Quantum Fishing .Com and check them out.It won't list the KVD reels on Quantum but you can see them at the BPS website.I've been using the Accurist since they came out and have never had a problem.Feel free to email me if you have any Quantum questions.

If I'm not mistaken academy had the flippin switch quantum for around $49 two weeks ago. but it was the old style the gold color not the new blue one. either way it was a good deal for the $$$.

I have one of the KVD Quantum from BPS. It's on my flipping stick. Not a bad reel. There is at least one Castaic for sale on BBC right now. Also usually can find a few on Ebay.

NoCAL

Latest posts

Back