Need Prayers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Hey folks,
For those of you that have faith, could you please say a little prayer. I had to renew my guide's license this year and to do that you need to have a physician sign off on your health. Well mine didn't he sent me for an EKG and apparently there is a problem. He will be calling me later to discuss it. 1st they may pull my license, but the bigger picture is I am only 27 and have 2 small children. If he puts me on disablity.. would any of you think less of me, if I choked him? LOL. Anyway, I am sure it is minor, but if you folks could just put a good word in for me with the big man, I would appreciate it.
Rob
NYguide2539"still"

Keep the faith Rob,....you'll be fine,......and also for peace of mind sake, or absolute certainty,...get a 2nd opinion if he wants to keep you off the water!!.....and make sure the Dr. you go to for the 2nd opinion fishes!! LOL
I'll keep you in my prayers dude,....hang in there!!!
Mac

Rob,
Hang in there guy. I had an EKG and was sent immediately to a cardiologist only to find out the tech didn't run the EKG correctly and once it was done right, there was nothing wrong with my heart. Like Mac said...have a second opinion before they do anything.
Keep the chin up, you'll be on the water guiding in no time!
Barb

Well, good thing it was over the phone, because he told me that I need heart surgery. I would have choked him.LOL Time to get a 2nd opinion. Keep ya posted.
Rob

Hey Rob: My wife (who is 25) had an accelerated heart last year and the first doc she saw insisted that she needed heart surgery and that there was no other answer. THe 2nd and 3rd doctors that we saw both said it could be taken care of with medicine. They put her on medicine and has had no more problems. Point of this story is...that somehow things seem to work out for the best and before you know it you will be back on the water. We will keep you in our prayers!

I have always been a firm believer in Romans 8:28, wherein we are told that all things work for good to them that love the Lord.... There's always a reason, we just need to find it. We'll all keep you in our prayers.

Rob, I realize what you are going through is distressing. 2nd opinions are very, very important. The test could be wrong, your doctor's opinion could be wrong, there may be other treatment methods, to name just a few possibilities. And if the worst case is true and you need surgery, take heart in the fact that heart surgery has become so highly refined that it is now a commonplace occurence for thousands of people in hospitals all over the world, every day.

Take comfort in your faith and the love of those who are close to you. Hang in there.

And keep us, your friends, posted.

Thanks guys. I already scheduled an appointment for a 2nd opinion at the best cardio unti in the northeast in Burlington VT. I'll let everyone know the results. If I need surgery, it will have to wait until season is over. LOL
Rob

Rob, Prayers are with you as you go thru this. Take care of yourself first. With catch and release, the fish will be there for you to catch later.

Rob,

The best thing is to keep in good spirits and stay optimistic. Even if you have to have surgery, the right attitude will speed your recovery. Keep the faith my brother!

Rich D

Rob, Get the second opinion and keep us posted. We will be prpraying for ya.

Mike

Rob I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out ok.

God Bless

Rob L

...I would definitely get a second opinion if
you went to CVPH....if Burlington doesn't help
run down to the college hospital @ Albany.

Rob,

Had a very similar story to a couple here. Back when I was still in the Navy, I went for a submarine physical (in order to reenlist). The doc read over my EKG and told me I basically had an irregular heart beat and he needed to look into it further. Long story short, by the time the smoke cleared I had done over 5 EKG's conducted by two different doctors and all of which were normal.

Point here is as many have said. Definitely seek 2nd, 3rd and even 4th opinions if necessary.

Regardless, your in my families prayers. Take care and keep us posted.

John K.

Latest posts

Back