Need peoples opinion on this one!!!!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Jackoviak

Reaction score
I can buy a boat for a very good deal. It is 2000 929cdx with a 225 optimax. The problem is that I would have to buy it sight unseen. Would you consider it, not do it, or jump on the opportunity?????? Has any one bought a boat with out looking at it first?? Helppppp!!

No Way!!! For that kind of $$ I would insist on an onwater test. Also Check the prop and trailer for signs of wear and tear. The Skeg, etc etc etc. Why is the boat for sale? Are you sure? Dont do it!!!

Thanks, I just needed someone to tell me that. I knew that is would be wrong to do that, just need to be kicked in the ass. :eek:)

Thanks for reminding me!!

What is the reason that you must buy it sight unseen? Seems like something's not on the up and up to me. If ya can't see it don't touch it.......Cmack

Well I can see pictures, but that does not tell the whole story of the condition of the boat. I am in Michigan and the boat is in Florida. He will deliver for free. Why this boat is so cheap, makes me suspicious. A $30,000 boat selling for $23,000. It may be a legit deal, but still makes me suspicious.

Jon,

Personally, I would have a couple of questions/concerns. First, is it selling so cheap? Second, he's willing to drive from Florida to Michigan towing a relatively heavy boat with gas prices being as high as they are right now? Keep in mind the old saying.."if it sounds too good to be true.....".

Also, what stood out to me the most when reading your post is "Florida". Find out if this boat is used or ever has been in salt water (as I'm sure you know, just being in all that salt air has its prolems).

Here's something to consider....call a dealer somewhere in the vacinity of this gentleman and see if you can arrange for this boat to be thoroughly gone over. This still isn't bullet proof for several obvious reasons but it might work. When we're talking about this kind of money, I personally would go to any lengths possible to make sure I'm not getting a lemon.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

John K.

All of us at work figured it out why he is selling it so cheap and why he will deliver it. It is a stolen boat and he is going to make a big drug run with it up here. He is going to store the drugs in the boat. LOL!!!! What do you think, sound about right?

Jon,

If this is the case, I see an opportunity for you to make the money to pay this thing off....LOL!!!!

John K.

The only way it can be that cheap and be in good shape is that it belonged to someone on the Nitro Nat'l Team or perhaps one of the Pro Team members. They get a much bigger discount on their boats than the State Team guys and occasionally you'll hear of a "great deal" like that that is legitimate. He/She may need $$ fast for entry fees or whatever and they can sell their boats fast, and cheap......it's a possibility, but the Sight unseen part is wierd.....it's worth a little more investigation.
Good luck,
Mac

Jon,

Adam is right. Buzz Bouvier from Vermont just bought a boat from Texas. From what I've read in his posts he's quite happy with it. You can get his e-mail address in the member profile section. I'm sure he'll be happy to help you. Good luck.

Buzz, if you read this, well, you'll know what to do.

Marke

Latest posts

Back