Need help with prop selection or setup for 2006 nitro 929 cdx, boat will not get on plane with full livewells

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j9sheldon

Reaction score
I have a 2006 nitro 929 cdx with a 2019 250 yamaha sho 4 stroke. I currently have a 3 blade 25 pitch yamaha prop no vent holes stainless . takes a little bit to get on plane. front end really gets high. Best i can measure is pad to prop is 3.5". I do have a jacklate. When i fill the livewells up it will not get on plane. Have a mechanic friend who told me this is a known issue and nitro did not fix it. he suggested to go to a 23 pitch 4 blade. I am not concerned with losing top end. I really need to be able to get it on plane quick with full livewells. i normally fill just one half way and it will eventually get up, but one of these days i am going to have some bigger fish to take to weigh in so will need to fill the other livewell. Any help is appreciated. fotgot to metion. wot is 5850 at 70mph tournament load

Your friend is on the right track. You might consider a mercury High 5 also. You can purchase a hub get to make it work on your Yamaha.

I have a 2006 nitro 929 cdx with a 2019 250 yamaha sho 4 stroke. I currently have a 3 blade 25 pitch yamaha prop no vent holes stainless . takes a little bit to get on plane. front end really gets high. Best i can measure is pad to prop is 3.5". I do have a jacklate. When i fill the livewells up it will not get on plane. Have a mechanic friend who told me this is a known issue and nitro did not fix it. he suggested to go to a 23 pitch 4 blade. I am not concerned with losing top end. I really need to be able to get it on plane quick with full livewells. i normally fill just one half way and it will eventually get up, but one of these days i am going to have some bigger fish to take to weigh in so will need to fill the other livewell. Any help is appreciated. fotgot to metion. wot is 5850 at 70mph tournament load
I put a whale tail on and getting on plane is day vs night. But, I am sure a different pitch prop would really help as well.

Latest posts

Back