Need Help With Hard Shifting/throttle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCFish83

Reaction score
first post here..

i have a 115 mercury 2 stroke and QS 3000 control box..ive been having a hard time with the throttle being so stiff..its gotten to the point where i can barely get it into reverse.

i have taken the control cables off at the motor and throttle seems to be better now..

so i was looking aorund and see that the bottom of the shift slide that the shift cable attaches too the nut is backed all the ay down and the bar is loose...not sure if this is the cause..

has anyone here have anyideas? also the shift slide is quite sloppy on the rail..makes me belive it might be a bit worn out

cheers guys.. thanks

I had the same problem in fact I was not able to shut the motor down excet to kil the motor.

I found that inside the controler behind the throttle handl there is a screw that goe o the throttle cable had came loose. It made it hard to shift and control the throttle. You will have to take the controller apart, this can be done in the boat. Depending on the boat you my need two elbows.

I have 2005 nitro nx750.had problems with stiff hard shift.take cable off to throttle.crap the the lingage going to shift rod.if it's still stiff.most likely it's the clucth and dog in the lower unit.i bought new lower unit problem is gone.

Latest posts

Back