Need help Craig

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Spradley

Reaction score
While removing my oil canaster, I removed the lower cowls to make it easier. I found a bolt laying in the bottom. After investigating the engine I found a the bolts home. I need to know the torque specs. The bolt has a 13 mm head and is about 1 1/4" long. I had to remove the carbs to get to it. The bolt appears to hold the base plates for the carbs(not sure if this is correct terminology). It bolts onto the crankcase cover but I do not think it is a bolt that holds the crankcase cover. It has something to do with the base of the carbs. I can't find any specs for it in my engine book. Again it is a 95 125 Merc OG197998. Also if specs is given in inch pounds, do u divide by 12 for foot pounds? Thanks Robert

Robert,

Use length X width for square foot pounds and install it with a square-box wrench LOL

Ken,...it's length X width divided by 12 for sq ft lbs!!

Or you can do like the backyard Nascar fans do and just tighten it down until you can't tighten it anymore,..then go,.."Yep!!...Datstite'nuff!!" hahaha....sorry

ok ok I know it sounds funny, but I did notice in dat der darn book of mine, some were listed. It suggested 70 in pds or 6 ft pounds. To me it looks pretty darn near dividing by 12. However just thought I would ax the professionals. However, I do enjoy all dim der funny jestures. Robert

Oh btw, Could Ken or Mac please email me some of what u are drinking, cause I really need something:)

Geez Nominal...where ya been?

It's Corona and limes, salt rimmed glass, 33.7 degrees with one half inch of foam on top.

BTW,

Craig's off for the nite but he'll get back to you tomorrow.

I wasn't even drinkin' Nominal......rarely do during the week!!!! (is friday night still a weekday or is it the beginning of the weekend?..LOL)

Craig, I believe I found the torque spec's. The cover is the intake manifold covering the reeds. There are 18 bolts and I believe the torque setting is 18 ft lbs. Robert

Hey Robert. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Busy setting up the last boat show of the season and haven't even had a chance to check out the board 'till today. Had one of my techs look it up and from your description, it sounds like you have the correct info. Good luck.

Craig

Latest posts

Back