Navionics Hotmaps Platinum Or Premium?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just check on (whoever wants to go first) profile, then start conversation (its the same as PM and you get an email copy as well). So IF you guys did it via conversation, it should still be there unless one or the other deleted it ;). Also look in your profile conversations for it.

Got it, thanks. I was looking for a PM button..lol

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have used Navionics HotMaps Platinum or Premium for smaller reservoirs? My sonar (Raymarine Dragonfly) came with the Navionics Gold package which, of course, does not include Chatfield Reservoir - the area I fish 98% of the time. Chatfield is a small reservoir SW of Denver but it is filled with roadbeds and rapid depth fluctuations.
I am curious if anyone has an opinion on either of the versions. Is it worth the extra coin to get the platinum version? Are they even any different for smaller reservoirs like Chatfield specifically?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year!
It may be more beneficial to you to purchase the Navionics Plus map chip. It's cheaper than the more tournament oriented map chips (platinum) and it allows you to select and download specific and areas that you fish. It runs about $170 at tacklewarehouse.com, it comes with a one year membership to unlimited downloads of lakes that you fish and after the year it is a $99 renewal that is completely optional. If you rarely get out of your state or area to fish then it would be the better and cheaper option. IMO the platinum chip is more for tournament trails that travel all over a specified region and there is no sense in purchasing all the extra for a higher price.

Latest posts

Back