Navionics Hotmaps Platinum Or Premium?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Rich

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have used Navionics HotMaps Platinum or Premium for smaller reservoirs? My sonar (Raymarine Dragonfly) came with the Navionics Gold package which, of course, does not include Chatfield Reservoir - the area I fish 98% of the time. Chatfield is a small reservoir SW of Denver but it is filled with roadbeds and rapid depth fluctuations.
I am curious if anyone has an opinion on either of the versions. Is it worth the extra coin to get the platinum version? Are they even any different for smaller reservoirs like Chatfield specifically?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Maybe everyone is still hungover from the New Year? Haha. Any advice?

Its been a long time since I bought my hotmaps for the south and will work on my humminbird, but I've since bought other chips so can't help ya on this. I'm pretty sure mine wasn't the platinum version as I was cheap in 2005/2006 when I got mine :confused:

Can't be of much help other than I grew up not far from Chatfeild dam, remember when they were letting it fill after completion.

I have the same ray marine as you do and every small lake I fish in SW Oklahoma is not part of the of my Navionics gold. Just bought a Lowrance elite 5HDI for the front and skipped buying the mapping software for this very reason.

Mike what lakes do you fish in Oklahoma? I live in OKC and grew up in McAlester and watched them build Kaw lake and Eufaula Lake. I fish both of them.

Mike what lakes do you fish in Oklahoma? I live in OKC and grew up in McAlester and watched them build Kaw lake and Eufaula Lake. I fish both of them.

I usually fish Lake Elmer Thomas, primarily for black spotted Crappie and Large mouth bass. Caught a 7 pound 10 oz bass last year, and several 4 pound+. It's a small lake but the fishing is phenomenal.

I also fish at Lake ellsworth, primarily for Saugeye-IMO they are the filet Minong of fresh water fishing.

I usually fish Lake Elmer Thomas, primarily for black spotted Crappie and Large mouth bass. Caught a 7 pound 10 oz bass last year, and several 4 pound+. It's a small lake but the fishing is phenomenal.

I also fish at Lake ellsworth, primarily for Saugeye-IMO they are the filet Minong of fresh water fishing.
I fish lake latonka and arbuckle. Know a lot of guys that fish the same lake you do. Are they still pretty low. Going to start carppie fishing next week. Will start with Kay and then the local lakes here in the city. Good luck on you days on the warter.

I fish lake latonka and arbuckle. Know a lot of guys that fish the same lake you do. Are they still pretty low. Going to start carppie fishing next week. Will start with Kay and then the local lakes here in the city. Good luck on you days on the warter.

Yeah there low, at Elmer Thomas the boat ramp has concrete curbing at the end of it(the end is in 4 feet of water). It's about a six in rise. I have to back the trailer over it, I've seen many guys with fiberglass boats that cant get off the trailer. There is another boat ramp on the Army base, but soon it will be locked down to DoD ID cards only unless u get a pass. I'm retired military so I have no issue launching out there.

No issues no issues on Lawtonka, they keep it full due to the water plant. Its pump fed by Ellsworth.

Never had much luck at Lawtonka, Caught a few walleye, drum, and catfish. To many idiots on the water for me. For Crappie, LETRA is amazing for black spotted crappie. Supposed be nice Saturday, plan on being on the water if the damn wind cooperates.

If you ever get down this way send me a note via PM - I will shoot you my email address

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there low, at Elmer Thomas the boat ramp has concrete curbing at the end of it(the end is in 4 feet of water). It's about a six in rise. I have to back the trailer over it, I've seen many guys with fiberglass boats that cant get off the trailer. There is another boat ramp on the Army base, but soon it will be locked down to DoD ID cards only unless u get a pass. I'm retired military so I have no issue launching out there.

No issues no issues on Lawtonka, they keep it full due to the water plant. Its pump fed by Ellsworth.

Never had much luck at Lawtonka, Caught a few walleye, drum, and catfish. To many idiots on the water for me. For Crappie, LETRA is amazing for black spotted crappie. Supposed be nice Saturday, plan on being on the water if the damn wind cooperates.

If you ever get down this way send me a note via PM - I will shoot you my email address
Will do I got your pm. Thanks
By the way my Boat is fiberglass. May be a Problem

Yeah it could be, how much water does your boat take to float? I usually back over the curb on the ramp and when i see my boat float on the trailer, I stop and unhook her from the trailer. Rear tires on my truck are not in the water.

Yeah it could be, how much water does your boat take to float? I usually back over the curb on the ramp and when i see my boat float on the trailer, I stop and unhook her from the trailer. Rear tires on my truck are not in the water.
I have a Z7 Nitro. Not sure how much water it takes to float it. It is heavy. Last time on Lawtonka I had to dodge a lot of rock along the shore. Wind got up and had to get off the lake. Fished the coves and caught a few bass nothing to brag about. Did catch some good crappie but only a couple was big enough to keep. Did not feel like cleaning them so they got another day to live.

I have a Z7 Nitro. Not sure how much water it takes to float it. It is heavy. Last time on Lawtonka I had to dodge a lot of rock along the shore. Wind got up and had to get off the lake. Fished the coves and caught a few bass nothing to brag about. Did catch some good crappie but only a couple was big enough to keep. Did not feel like cleaning them so they got another day to live.

IC, well if we get some good rain this spring maybe we can hook up for a great day of fishing. I've been caught in the wind a few times, last time out it took me 5 tries to hit the trailer. Ended up just barely getting the bow sideways and stuck. Got out in the water and hooked the strap up. Let's just say-not fun!!
Here's a pick of one of the many bass I caught out at LETRA. The stupid face was because I won a bet and was texting a friend this picture, he was fishing on another near by lake.

fish_zps49d66fef.jpg

same lake, nice slab
IMG_0942_zps9b5f07c2.jpg

Last edited:
AirForce- Thanks. The bass was almost 7 pounds, it was a tough one to get in the boat (fought like he11) came out of the water about 4 feet several times on the way in.

oh man, biggest I've ever caught was around 5 and I've lost some really big ones but until you land it, can't tell other then they felt like LOGS (BIG LOGS), but end up spitting the hook out or break the line.

I feel your pain, last year was the first year I was successful using a bait caster, I bought a Diawa Tatula type r and a Shimanno Currado rigged them both with 14LB trilene had zero issues with either and not one backlash.

i

IC, well if we get some good rain this spring maybe we can hook up for a great day of fishing. I've been caught in the wind a few times, last time out it took me 5 tries to hit the trailer. Ended up just barely getting the bow sideways and stuck. Got out in the water and hooked the strap up. Let's just say-not fun!!
Here's a pick of one of the many bass I caught out at LETRA. The stupid face was because I won a bet and was texting a friend who was fishing on another near by lake.

fish_zps49d66fef.jpg
[/QU
You look surprised. Good looking bass. I will try to get down there long.
Here's a pick of one of the many bass I caught out at LETRA. The stupid face was because I won a bet and was texting a friend this picture, he was fishing on another near by lake.

fish_zps49d66fef.jpg

same lake, nice slab
IMG_0942_zps9b5f07c2.jpg
Hay Mike send me you email again. I lost it. That is what happens when you get old. I though that I put it in my contacts but I can't find it. Thanks

Hay Mike send me you email again. I lost it. That is what happens when you get old. I though that I put it in my contacts but I can't find it. Thanks

AirForce had to assist me, hoping he can assist again.

Mike

Just check on (whoever wants to go first) profile, then start conversation (its the same as PM and you get an email copy as well). So IF you guys did it via conversation, it should still be there unless one or the other deleted it ;). Also look in your profile conversations for it.

Latest posts

Back