Name my switch please

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Tallant

Reaction score
I need help labeling the switches on my 1998 640LX. I purchased this little gem at the end of the fishing season last year. All of the switches on the dash work properly but the wording had apparently worn off. This leaves me with trial and error and I'm afraid I'll leave the livewell or bilge pump on and not be aware of it. The boat came with an owners manual that describes the operation of each switch but doesn't tell which one it is on the dash. Does anyone have a schematic for the dash? How about some suggestions for labeling the switch once it has been identified? Will one of the narrow label makers with white letters and a clear background work? I'm pretty anal about keeping my boat looking nice and working properly. What did it look like when it rolled out of the factory? Sorry for all the questions but I want to get a good start this Spring when the ole crappies start to spawn!!

I am thinking on and off? boaters world and I am sure others. Have pre printed lable kits for when you purchase a generic switch panel that should fit your needs. They are a black background with white letters. They come on a card with lots of options ( more that you need) but cheap enough that it does not matter. Looks wise it's a whole lot better than a label maker...........

BF

Stan - I just HAPPEN to have a 98 640lx AND a 99 700lx in my garage tonite!! Dan N's 640lx was garaged kept (he's the 2nd owner) and the labeled switches are perfectly readable). Oh and anyone else who would like to rent out bay 2 of Trepper's Marine Storage and Rigging, let me know. We only charge 1 night babysitting the boys (they go to bed at 8pm) per month as a fee. We install only GUEST chargers, and have some parts and fittings in stock!!! LOL

Both have the same exact dash. Here are what the buttons are:

upper right - Horn

Lower right - Nav (meaning navigation lighting front and rear lit)

Anc (Anchored meaning only rear)

upper left - Bildge

Lower left - Man

Livewell

Auto

There you go dude! Can't help on how to relabel them, but if you do it and it works, post a Grab Bag article (send it to Rich, [email protected]) so I can do my 700lx!!

Thank you Trepp, that is just what I wanted. Can you take a close up picture of the 640 dash so I can see what it should look like? I would like to make mine look like it did when it came from the factory. I may have other other questions but I have a deal with some medical issues with my fishing partner (my father) so it may be a while before I can check back. Thanks again.

Stan - I'll try to take a picture today and post it. I took one last night but in order to get all 4 switches in the steering wheel blocked some of it and the light wasen't right so you could not read them. I'll take a close up shot so you can see how the lettering looks.

Stan - This is the best shot I could get, hope it helps, and let's see how your's looks when you are done and how you did it!

SWITCHES.JPG

Buddy of mine had the same problem. Used one of the simple new label maker thingys. Looked and worked just fine. Just make sure to clean the switches with a solvent prior to applying the labels so they will stay on.

Bryan

Thanks Trep, thats just what I wanted.
Stan, I have a 98 Nitro 700lx and I have the same problem you had with switch labeling. I noticed that Trepman sent you a picture of his dash but I can't access that picture. I was wondering if you could repost that pic or send one of your dash if you still have the boat. Thanks

Latest posts

Back