my wheels are rusted on my 2005 Nitro185 trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony banks

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am looking to buy new wheels for my trailer. Does anybody know the bolt pattern on single axle Nitro trailers from 2005 era? I am curious if an aluminum wheel would handle the weight, like the factory steel wheels do. At least the aluminum wont rust like the steel ones do. Any suggestions on where to buy replacement trailer wheels? I have looked online and at Northern Tool, but havent seen anything that looks like a good quality replacement.
Thanks!

Probably 5 holes on 4.5, 4.75 or 5.0 dia. bolt circle.
I have bought wheels and tires from etrailer.com.
Etrailer has different ways to find what bolt pattern you have.
Here is a template you can use to find out what you have:
https://www.etrailer.com/faq-bolt-hole-pattern-template.aspx
I have 20" aluminum wheels on my truck, and no problems.
Make sure to compare the hub diameter with the wheel. May have to contact the company for this info.

Order Aluminum wheels online through Amazon 8 years ago for my Nitro Z-7. Like them better and they look better than steel wheels.
1658142516769.png

Take the trailer to Discount Tire and they will tell you the bolt pattern and can show you rims and tires. I have been buying tires and wheels from them for twenty years now.

Have been running aluminum wheels for a long time on the boat trailer. Most Tire dealers will tell you aluminum wheels are better and balance better that steel wheels. Order from Wheels from amazon and ordered tires online as well.

There should be no issue switching over to aluminum wheels. You may have to switch also to compatible lug nuts. Many wheel pattern options out there.

Latest posts

Back