My sincere apologies to everyone

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
I've been reading through the last few posts about the tin vs. glass debate, and felt it was appropriate to start my own thread just to send one message:

As one who INTENTIONALLY sent us down that path with at least two different lead posts, I sincerely apologize.

It certainly wasn't my intent to get folks riled up. Now that the cold weather has set in, I thought it would be fun to engage in an intellecutal debate about the merits of either material. I had no idea that the subject would be a matter of such passion for many of us.

Again, my sincere apologies for fostering a discussion that diminished the "fun factor" of the board.

MO

Personally Mo, I see no reason to apologize. We were just having fun and stated so on more than one occasion. We all put into words how we really felt and that each boat is great for whatever purposes the owner needs filled. To me it just boils back down to individuals that aren't happy unless their complaining about something or trying to find something to take offense to. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sick and tired of people taking something good and fun and turning into something it is not. If I said something improper, I apologize as well, but I don't believe I did, and I count on the board to steer me right when I go astray. At least those members that I trust to be objective and not view all posts through anger and resentment. NOW Mo, we debate, dark beer vs light beer. I say light beer is where it's at. Dark beer bites! LOL Sorry Trep!

No offense take by this tin man. I like calling the glass boats the "velvet elvis" of the boating industry. Wouldn't mind having one of them thangs some day.

Mac, that was my thread.......Chrissy or Janet?? Don't even get me started with "Annette" on the Mousketeers!!

NO APOLOGY NECESSARY!!

OHHHH Rob now you did it!! Light Beer??? Just keep watching those Amstel Light commercials! Love the one where they use 'lite' beer to clean out the glasses for Amstel users!!!

I light a light (color) beer as long as it has a good malt flavor, lots of HOPS!!!

Blond or Brunnett? Redhead? Spinning or Baitcasting? Plastic vs hardbaits??

That is easy! MaryAnn, Canadian beer (Rickard's Red), pork, fused, Janet, glass and tin! I can't make my mind up on the boats so I won't I've owned and liked both!

I did not get involved in the "debate" because I have owned both and my major purchases are dependent on the stock market at the that time. That being said, the big question is:

MaryAnn or Jeannie?

Bob G.

Ohhh Bob - MaryAnn all the way!!!

Beer - Mine!!!

Pork (Just don't tell my Rabbi) LOL

Mono

Janet

Tin till I have more $$ and a bigger tow vehicle!!!

Does lead only cause cancer and reproductive failure in California??

THIS is what we should be debating here!! LMJNO!

Mac -- Hey, he's lookin!! Even if he has to scour every golf course on Earth, he'll find'em..

Mac -- Hey, he's lookin!! Even if he has to scour every golf course on Earth, he'll find'em..

No offense taken by this tin guy either, I don't see where Tracker's better, Nitro's better........ it's all family here...... sniffle.......

to me it's all taken in fun,

and I for one don't look down on glass boats, (or up either), to me it's just like some guys preferring pickups, I prefer vans myself, some prefer convertibles, suv's, etc..... oh, light vs dark beer, ok, um.......... eeenie meenie miney mo.......

Definately MaryAnn!

Sorry, guys, I don't drink and try to stay away from the munchies!

MO -

You have too good a heart to be around a bunch like us! If there is one thing that I've picked up about you over the last year or two, it would be that you have tremendous sensativity - surely one of the reasons Rachel loves you so much! I saw any boasting that you may have done about tin as a defense of your dreams - not as an attack on those of others.

I'm proud to know you, Mark, and honored to have you on my list of "Friends"!

God bless!

me!

Mary Ann all the way! Ginger will run up your Visa and go roll in the palm fronds with Mr Howell! There are two requirements for a great boat...

1. It floats

2. You can fish out of it.

If it doesn't meet both of these requirements, it is a good boat. If it doesn't meet either requirement, you just drove your car into the lake!

Rich D

Rich - The #3 that we ALL (tin or that other stuff) should have on our list - Its PAID FOR!!!!

Trep,

Being "paid for" was a high priority for me also. It didn't make sense to fish/boat for 5 months and pay for 12!

Bob G.

see Bob G. thats the problem 5 MONTHS of fish/boating why even GET one?? Anything less than 11 months should be against the law to sell you a boat!! LOL

come on Trep...

how about 9 months...

March to November

(it might be March 31st to November 1st!)

az

OK Andy I MIGHT give you 9 months thats at least 75% of the time!!!

I think less then 9 months you should be charged a lack-of-usage fee!!! Payable to ME! LOL

I fished last week...probably the last time this 'season' - in my boat anyway...

Keep hearing about this fall feeding frenzy...not on my 'home' lake...didn't get a bump in 3 hours!

I must need some 'coaching' or something...

Fall is always my worst season...

az

Andy - I understand the need to CATCH some fish!! been 3 weeks since I got one and that was a Catfish by accident!!

Hopefuly going out with Dan J. again in his 929 next week if we can get our schedules connected.

I feel the need for FISH ON!!!

And if they're still not biting a cheerleader in a mini skirt with pom poms on the front deck is always a nice half time distraction. Still can't keep my lazy boy from flying out of the boat at high speeds. Any suggestions Tox????

So, if I have one of the Budweiser can crankbaits I should tie it on???

Can Do!

now for the Doritos...hmmm not sure about that one...

How 'bout some pork rinds? I got plenty of pork...

az

Ok Trep,

I didn't want to have to go there but.... if you add up the number of months that you actually catch fish compared to mine, I think that you will find that I'm am way farther ahead with 5 months of catching to your 12 months of lure washing!!!!

Bob G.

I use bungee cords Rob. I actually have a spinnerbait that is a ......I can't tell you here .....It's what your jacknuts are hooked to...I was told it was for the big girls when they are spawning. LOL!!!

TOXIC

OK Bob G. but just THINK if you were down here with your EXPERT fishing abilities you'd be CATCHING 7 months MORE fish!!!! HAAAAAAAAA

And their isn't any fish in Champlain except those you tie to your tires!!! HA!

HEY, SHUT UP. Dontcha know I can get DQ'd in the tourenys for that! GEEEEESH, is nothing sacred anymore???? LOL So much for my "magic" spots! Now the naysayers know! I'm a fraud, a sham, a bogus, no fish catching, cabin fever survivor. I couldn't help myself, I didn't know any better.

And just for that Trep and Tox, I will NOT teach you the art of fattening a caged bass from 2 lbs to 5.6 lbs in 3 weeks or less! Nope, not gonna do it!

Don't worry boys, I'll tell ya.

It's two packages of bell weights and some smelly jelly.

Another method would be to feed it all the dinks you guys catch. Like I do!!

Here's evidence....
bass3.jpg

Rob - I like filling a 12 oz beer can with concrete letting it dry and then feed the CAN to the bass!!!! Dem Basses LOVE BEER!!!

Latest posts

Back