My new garage / boat parking area

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
The new house is coming along nicely. The cable tension slab went in flawlessly, and then they quickly framed her up. Here is the first good picture I have of my new garage. The boat will go in the little 10 foot wide bump out in the back left - right where all that wood is right now. My truck goes on the left, wifes Jeep on the right, staircase in front of her Jeep going up, workshop immediately to the left of the stairs between stairs and boat. I measured it the other day too - we have plenty of walking room around the vehicles. I could actually put 5 regular vehicles in here, but the boat takes up 1 and 1/2 spaces by itself, and the staircase / workshop will take up one whole space. Check out the GREAT double height! I'm planning on putting in a loft above my boat in that little back area - accessable only by me from my boat deck - that way, my young son won't have a clue it even exists until he gets older and figures it out. But for now.... :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Mygarage.jpg

WAY cool Glenn! You been to the garage forums yet?

Looks cool man! I hope my gargage gorows up into that someday!

Tox,

I'm scared to see what that "present" might be. Ha!:lol: I'll send you an email with my temporary address in VA.

Here is a more updated pic with the staircase in place:

glennsgarage.jpg

First house I've seen where you need an elevator to get out of the garage!!:lol::lol: Is it cut under the foundation? Somehow that pic doesn't make sence to me...... I guess I'll have to come see it in person.:p

TOXIC

Tox,

We are kinda built into the side of a small sloping upwards hill. The garage is the only part that is lower than the hill. The back yard is almost level with the slab - the slab is about a foot higher than the back yard right now, but I know they are putting in fill dirt / topsoil / sod when they are done. They do construction differently down in TX than any place I've seen, but I was told it's that way due to ground composition (limestone mostly) and to facilitate correct drainage, etc... Here is a front view of the house, taken yesterday by my wife (And you know that you are always welcome to come see it in person):

housefrontview.jpg

Where are the arrow slits and the places to pour hot oil down on your enemies trying to storm the fort?:huh: It looks HUGE! It's going too be beautiful when done buy too many stairs for me.

After you showed the second picture I was going to say you needed an elevator, not stairs, but Tox beat me to it.:angry:

Uncle Billy

EXCELLENT Garage Glen, when do you move in and get the boat in its new home??

Uncle Billy,

No arrow slits or hot oil pots. We decided to go with the .50 caliber machine gun nest, moat and Louisiana Guard Dog (alligator) options instead. :lol:

Trep,

Thanks. Our closing date is tentitively scheduled for July 17th, but the builder looks to be ahead of schedule, and we are hoping to close in late June instead. I'm hoping for that, as I am planning on driving there with boat in tow on July 1st. I was originally going to get a storage unit for it for a half month, but if we can close in June instead, that would be great for me.

All the best,

Glenn

That has got to be the thickest foundation I have ever seen. I suppose it helps with settling because you are on limestone and need a big footprint. Looks Great though. Which room is mine?:lol:

TOXIC

Tox,

It is poured in squares, with tension cables run through it. When it dries, they tighten the tension cables and then seal off the holes. It is supposed to be the best construction to avoid settling, from what I've been told.

Your room is to the left side of the house, towards the back, right past the game room (pool table / bar :D ). It's the one with the private bathroom and industrial ventilation fan. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

I would give him a shovel if I were you...

Nice crib Glenn. Too much for me, cant wait to see it done.

I am soooooooooooo jealous. I want to move just so I can have a bigger garage! I like my house though so I must deal.

Latest posts

Back