My Latest And Last Acquistion 1986 Ruger Ranch Mini-14 Stainless

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Found a deal I couldn't pass up after selling my Taurus Raging Judge 454 Casull. Guy said he bought it in 1984, but serial # shows it wasn't manufactured until 1986. Wood stock, all original stainless Mini-14, said he hasn't fired more than 150 rounds through it. Gonna have to get some scope mounts for it, since he didn't have the original scope rings that came with it. Even the wife likes this gun. So I'm good to go :D

20141017_082229.jpg~original

20141017_082204.jpg~original

Can't wait to take this baby to the range it give it a go. He gave me five 30rd mags and the original 5rd mag with it. 223/5.56

Reactions: cq
Always liked the looks... lots of info on tinkering with them to get them to group tighter

Went to Cabela's last night in Bowling Green KY. Had them fit something to put a scope on it since the Ruger likes their propriety scope rings to be used. Ended up with a picatinny rail mount and then fitted it with a Leupold VXR scope with integrated red dot that can be turned on/off or just use the cross hairs 3x9x40.

20141018_072150.jpg~original

added scope covers, rear one is right thumb activated, and front one is magnetic and left thumb activated. Now I'm taking my AR15 scope back in exchange for this same scope to be put on. It was almost $500 or about $130 more than I paid for the AR scope.

@AirForce that looks sweet! Leupold makes some good glass. Can ya'll hunt with rifles in KY? I know when I lived in OH, we had to use shotguns with slugs to hunt deer.

I guess they hunt all the time. I don't hunt 4 legged critters, just 2 legged and I don't do anything but fish in KY since I live in TN. Bowling Green is about 1.5hrs from me. Huntsville AL is about 2 hrs south of me (or just over the GA border south of Chattanooga if I go that way). I have access to property in AL but its 3.5hrs from me and I haven't been on it in 20yrs or more since my brother got the property from my dad and lets somebody live on it.

AF, what's the skinny? Shot it yet?

haven't yet. Wife had a 2nd bout of cancer so surgery was yesterday. Fortunately her sister came up from MS to assist us. Soon as hospital bed gets delivered she can come home to recuperate the next 6 weeks.

Sorry to hear it. Hope everything goes well for her and she makes a full recovery.

Your wife is in my thoughts and praayers. Rifle can wait... Nice looking piece

Best wishes for the wife. Not especially a great time of the year for that. Not that anytime is good. Hope things work out.
The scope seems a bit high are you going to need a cheek piece to get good cheek weld? By the time I got my M1A National Match sorted out I needed a cheek pad.

fatrap

She's doing really well, good follow up, it'll be 3 more weeks before we'll know if she needs chemo follow up. Good good help, her younger sister is a nurse in MS

She's doing really well, good follow up, it'll be 3 more weeks before we'll know if she needs chemo follow up. Good good help, her younger sister is a nurse in MS

That's positive news.

Found a deal I couldn't pass up after selling my Taurus Raging Judge 454 Casull. Guy said he bought it in 1984, but serial # shows it wasn't manufactured until 1986. Wood stock, all original stainless Mini-14, said he hasn't fired more than 150 rounds through it. Gonna have to get some scope mounts for it, since he didn't have the original scope rings that came with it. Even the wife likes this gun. So I'm good to go :D

I ALSO LIKE THE MINI'S TOO. I HAVE THE 14 AND 30 BOTH IN SS. BOTH HAVE SYNTHETIC CAMO STOCKS ON EM IN IN REELTREE EXTRA GREEN...........WELL, WHEN I WAS DOING THE STOCK CHANGES, I FOUND THAT NIKON MADE A 4X, 2-7X32MM, AND 3-9X40MM SCOPES MADE IN REELTREE EXTRA GREEN TOO. I HAVE THE CAMO SCOPES ON BOTH.......THEY LOOK CRAZY GOOD TOO !!!!
20141017_082229.jpg~original

20141017_082204.jpg~original

Can't wait to take this baby to the range it give it a go. He gave me five 30rd mags and the original 5rd mag with it. 223/5.56

Latest posts

Back