My apologies ....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary,

Rich Stern "runs" (owns the board and the server it runs on) for free, out of "love" not for profit so any "problems" get addressed at his convenience not ours.

Sorry Rich if one of the "herd" chooses to not play nice... Maybe CIII can remind him of "our" rules.... "it's all just fun until somebody loses an eye" !!!! LOL

Patience Gary... it is like you said in not the same words but it certainly was your thought.... This is a great place and well worth the price we pay for it....ROFLMAO:wub:

Having a good rant Gary? You can post pics here all you want, just can't add or delete them from your library. This a also a free forum, like it or leave it.

Gary no need in getting like this. This is a great site with lots of information. If you don't like it get off of it. Don't spoil it for the rest of us. It take time to get things going the way Rich want's them to be and he has a great site. Thanks Rich for all your work for all of us.

Is there something that we can do to help Rich get this function up and working? I mean is it a resource, or hardware or financial issue that we can help out with?

Posting pics was discussed on the thread below.

You need to have a pic somewhere to be able to post it here, like Photobucket or some other photo sharing site, even Facebook. I created a Google site and uploaded pics there. That's how I get them here.

Copy the url and post here with img before the url and /img after the url. img and /img need to have [ and ] around them.

http://www.nitroowners.com/msgboard...14592&replycount=11&LAST=5/31/2013_3:47:20_PM

Bob - You should add a disclaimer to the link, "BEWARE THE BEARDED FAT MAN HOLDING FLORIDA GUPPIES - NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SCREEN DAMAGE!"

:lol:

Dan,

Everyone looks at the fish anyways!

I forgot to tell Gary that he should get a 17 year old to help him post pics here!! :D

Absentee landlord reporting for duty!

Gary, sorry to have you so frustrated. I know the picture library is broken for some folks. I believe it's a browser/cookie related issue.

Much of this site's software is nearing it's 15th birthday. That's 105 in HTML/dog years. Althought I haven't invested time in it recently, I did spend hundreds of hours developing it, back when there were almost no alternatives. The fact that it still (mostly) works, doesn't get hacked and runs on a hardware/software platform that didn't even exist when it was originally written means I did at least a few things right. :)

I had planned to retire this site a number of years ago, but a bunch of the NTOWS regulars expressed that it would be a big loss to them. I agreed to keep the site running as is.

I do have a plan for the future of this site. It's not quite ready yet, but it's coming soon, and I will announce it very shortly.

It's going to be bigger and better.

Thanks for the update Rich. I like the site as it is. The photo gallery is no big deal to me as I've worked around it as have a few others.

Rich,

As you know, to many of us, this is like the family home front porch. I have been around since 2001 and have made some lifelong friends here. Glad to hear that there is a future NTOWS. Thanks.

P.S. Plan to get together with Toxic somewhere in Wisconsin and bend a rod and drain a beer can or two in a few days. That's what I am talking about, good friends. A debt that can't be repaid (except maybe with beer!)

I dont post much here anymore, but still lurk plenty. Joined in 03 and have made a few good friends and ganed a heck of a lot info along the way. WELL DONE HERE RICH.

as posted on the home page:

"Ground rules and guidelines for fair play: The primary mission of this website is to promote information sharing and enjoyment of Nitro and Tracker boats. Inevitably, we will discuss flaws in Tracker Marine products. Thats ok. Even multi-million dollar yachts are imperfect. But, lets keep the conversation constructive. Share your problem, your frustrations, your solutions, your boating and fishing war stories, your love of the product, or whatever suits you. In doing so, please observe the following guidelines:

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Keep it respectful.

Abusive language will not be tolerated.

We are all best served by an honest exchange of information and ideas. Consider your input in this light before posting."

I honestly don't know of any other site that self moderates better than this one. We are the Borg. Resistance if Futile!!:lol:

We a buncha' po folk round here but, still one of the best!:lol::cool:

No problem Gary, it's a pretty laid back group here.

I would also like to thank Rich for his investment here. I have connected with some 'real people' and appreciate all the insigh and info. Amazing knowledge here. I also am blessed to have been on the receiving end of an amazing gift from a member here. It was a super lesson for my 14 yr old son in own to 'give back'. It will never be forgotten.

Latest posts

Back