MY 2021 NITRO Z19 SPORT IS TAKING ON WATER.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
Started after 2nd outing while breaking in motor. Just 5 hours on boat, 3 trips. Five days in the shop waiting for a repair. The details: on the 3rd trip out I put the boat in the water about 30 minutes tie to a dock. Checked no water. Drove for about 10 minutes fished for ten minutes checked and no water. Run the boat for about 20 minutes varied speeds now I'm seeing some water. Drove back to the dock and I've got water in the bilge. Also have water in the carpet wall storage area starboard side only. Same port side area completely dry. Anyone have any ideas.

Started after 2nd outing while breaking in motor. Just 5 hours on boat, 3 trips. Five days in the shop waiting for a repair. The details: on the 3rd trip out I put the boat in the water about 30 minutes tie to a dock. Checked no water. Drove for about 10 minutes fished for ten minutes checked and no water. Run the boat for about 20 minutes varied speeds now I'm seeing some water. Drove back to the dock and I've got water in the bilge. Also have water in the carpet wall storage area starboard side only. Same port side area completely dry. Anyone have any ideas.
I'm just now seeing this post... curious as to what the problem was. I had a cut speedometer line where water goes to the back of the speedometer on my new Z18 back in 2017. I found it myself. When I ran pretty fast the water pressure would dump water under the dash and on my pants leg. That was a strange deal although an easy fix. I always wondered if someone did that on purpose....

I'm just now seeing this post... curious as to what the problem was. I had a cut speedometer line where water goes to the back of the speedometer on my new Z18 back in 2017. I found it myself. When I ran pretty fast the water pressure would dump water under the dash and on my pants leg. That was a strange deal although an easy fix. I always wondered if someone did that on purpose....
I believe that what happened here. Either broken line or loose connection. Fixed now but lost seven days in shop. Still have hole in dash and damaged bimini top to be fixed. Waiting to hear from Nitro. No word in almost two weeks.

I believe that what happened here. Either broken line or loose connection. Fixed now but lost seven days in shop. Still have hole in dash and damaged bimini top to be fixed. Waiting to hear from Nitro. No word in almost two weeks.
Sorry to hear that has turned out to be such an issue... hope you can get it cleared up soon and back on the water! Thanks for the update.

UPDATE: Tracker Marine Service fixed the leak.

Sounds fishy to me.. I would have asked to speak to the mechanic that fixed it.. They are covering up a factory screw up.
[/QUOTE Paperwork was not ready at pick up. So I said I would get it later. Mechanic went on two week jury duty and by the time he got back and I asked for my copies was told the paperwork was lost. No cover up of poor factory quality, the service center people said they are seeing a lot of poor quality work and poorer quality control. Latest broken part was a gauge lens fell off when I wiped off dust and carpet rubber bumper coming apart. Tracker marine service center they will make things right. So hopefully this fall I will get a new prop, bimini top frame, dash, lens cover, carpet runner fixed, storage compartment cover fixed and mooring cover, gas cap.

Attachments

• IMG_6188.JPG
    IMG_6188.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 32
Thinking back to my 2009 Nitro and friends boats a few thoughts come to mind. A common issue is leaking hoses to live wells. While my '21 Z19 does not, my friends Z20 will get water over the stern on a quick stop. On my old 2009 Nitro I had a small leak on the bow eye.
Hope this helps out.

Thinking back to my 2009 Nitro and friends boats a few thoughts come to mind. A common issue is leaking hoses to live wells. While my '21 Z19 does not, my friends Z20 will get water over the stern on a quick stop. On my old 2009 Nitro I had a small leak on the bow eye.
Hope this helps out.
Yep happened to find the live well hose clamp was spinning around the hose. Pretty much all the issues wrong with the boat have been fixed. But it took over a year to fix them.

Latest posts

Back