MVM 2014 On the Horizon

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, at about 3pm tomorrow, I will collect all my gear, load my truck and head to Carlos' house for the first leg of the 2014 MVM on Lake St Clair. We'll hook up the boat and get a good nights rest before hitting the road at 0300 Thursday am. This will be our 11th straight year. Hope to see Mean Gene The Fishin' Machine as well. It will be Carlos. myself. Mac Daddy, Mini and Feeley Neeley. Here are a few pics of years past....

Im000987a.jpg

100_1702[1].jpg

100_1374 (2).jpg

And Just to show we let Teri show up even!! She's always welcome!!

MVM10-10.jpg

Reactions: cq
I'm jealous. I can't even find people to fish with here locally. Too many people that don't like the sun. Hope you all have fun.
All the best,
Glenn

Hope you guys have fun and catch lots!

Well, it was another memorable trip but the late spring put us into new territory. We got to use our gathered knowledge and re-think the lake. We did well but the water temps when we got there were 48-52 depending on location. Water was cold enough that we stopped lipping fish and got the net out because we were freezing our hands. We delayed our start times a couple of days with the air temp in the high 30's. There had been a lot of rain and our normal haunts were muddied up pretty good. The Mile Roads had differing degrees of mud out 1/2 mile from shore. The Old Lights were mighty cold and the smallies hadn't moved up to stage there yet. We went to work and got on some pre-spawners and eventually got into bed fishing middle to end of the week. I bed fished more than I ever had in all the years going up there. I learned a lot from Mini. The most I have ever thrown a crankbait ever!! Backed it up with a Yamamoto D-Shad. I would sum it up by saying the sheer numbers were down but the size was up. We caught a lot of 5lb fish. I got on a cold water jerkbait pike bite one morning that had 6 fish in 6 casts. Nonetheless, it was still a blast and we are already planning for next year. And BTW, the face fuzz is gone:p It was just for the trip.

first smallie.jpg

Reactions: cq

Latest posts

Back