Mounting a Second Depth/Fish Finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
I want to mount a second Hummingbird LCD fish/depth finder display near the bow fishing position, with a transducer mounted to the trolling motor. We already have a Hummingbird display unit we can use off of my father-in-law's boat, but we would need the base, transducer and cables.

My question is this: How do you avoid interference between the two transducers (other than turning one unit off), so that the guy in back can read depth off of the console/transom unit while the guy up front can read off of the bow/trolling motor unit? Is it possible to run both displays simultaneously off of the same transducer, with a selector switch for the console display that lets you choose whether to read off of the trolling motor or the transom transducer?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Mark

I ran mine on seperate transducers and they ran fine. I am selling them if you are interested. The wide view I have on the bow has 2 transducers, transom or TM mount. The 200DX is only a transom mount transducer.

Mark - I ran an Eagle up front with the Humminbird on the console and have not had one problem with interference. On my last boat I ran Himminbird's at both the console and bow and did not have problems either. In both cases I mounted the front transducer off the trolling motor (both were standard transon mount tranducers, I just bent the bracket a little and used a pipe connector to attach to the trolling motor and plastic ties to attach the cables.

I've also got a wiring diagram and pictures in the Grab Bag.

TrepMan

Mark, I run a Lowrance X-85 with trolling motor transducer, a Garmin GPS/MAP Sounder with transom mounted transducer, and a Zercom in-dash with thru hull transducer. Most of the time the X-85 and Garmin are running at the same time. Sometimes all 3 are running. I have never seen any interference.

On a previous boat I ran 2 Lowrance units from one transducer with a transducer switch. Only way I'd recommend that setup is if you can't run 2 transducers because of space, location availablity, ect. A transducer switch cost almost as much as a transducer.

Russ

Mark,

I just recently added a 2nd finder to my Pro Angler. I have a humminbird on the console with the transducer mounted on the transom, and a Bottom Line on the bow, mounted to the trolling motor. I do not have a problem with interference. I connected mine to the bow light harness which has a "constant" hot wire, and grounded to the boat. I added an in-line fuse to the power cord, just in case. I used the standard transducer and connected it to the bottom of trolling motor with a stainless steel pipe/hose clamp, and used cable ties to attach the transducer to the clamp. It is very secure, and I didn't have to purchase anything special. I will post photos if I ever get the *^$#!@ scanner working!

Rich D

Rich - I did the same thing (using standard tranducer/mount with pipe clamp), you can see the pictures in the Grab Bag.

Latest posts

Back