motorguide???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Herbert

Reaction score
I have a 2007 901cdx that came with a 24volt 75lb thrust motor guide, (I hear these 75/24 models are made by motor guide just for tracker????) the motor is getting loud and the breakaway part of the mount will not stay tight , my I see that as not too bad for a 6 year old motor. I can replace it with the same motor (bass pro has them on sale for 468.00$. Or should I upgrade to a tour 82lb 24 volt for another 400.00$ or so?? Looking for some ideas and advise, thank you!!

Usually on larger boats the more power the better, especially in wind and current. It depends some on the waters you fish and if you want to spend the extra $$$. I had an 82 lb thrust on the 929 I had and it moved it along well.

Steve

Another vote for the 82. Your boat and your batteries will thank you. Good luck! ;)

I have a 901 with a minn kota 101 lb thrust. I wouldn't think of going less. Definitely go for the 82 lb thrust motor.

Not sure what gauge wire you have in your 901 but you need 6 gauge and at least 50 amp breaker for max performance with the tour 82's. By the way the MG TR75 are not made for tracker exclusive.....

Latest posts

Back