MotorGuide Tour Series help...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Johansen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently asked you the length and width of the pedal to make sure it would fit in my recessed foot pedal tray and the measurements are TIGHT! What I need to know is if the base of the foot pedal could be trimmed down a bit on each side to get the overall width down to say maybe 7-3/4". I know it might be into the mounting bolt holes but if they can be relocated that wouldn't be too big of a deal.

I built the recessed tray myself out of aluminum and had it powder-coated so I would really like to be able to use the tray as is if possible. It would be way more complicated than it sounds to modify it.

I tried to find the response from last time for the width measurement but I think it was just over 8" and I only have about 7-3/4" to work with.

I called MotorGuide but didn't really get the answer I was looking for. I'm not sure what he was measuring.

Thank you, in advance!

Steve

You could get to 7" if you have to, but most of the trimming will have to be on the right side due to the speed adjustment wheel on the left side.

I have just under 8" like maybe 7-7/8" so if it looks like I can stuff it in there I am most likely going to order it.

Is it worthy spending the extra coin to get the built-in sonar model? I pretty much already know the answer (yes) but neither BPS or Cabela's has the adapter cable that I will need to plug in my Humminbird. It's just a cheap-o 525 model but all I want up front is depth anyways so that's why I haven't upgraded it to anything else.

Thanks again!

Steve

I bought the tour model with the transducer in it about 6 years ago. They had leaking problems around the transducer. They replaced the entire lower unit twice during the warranty period. The second time with a standard lower unit and paid for a new transducer for my fishfinder. Hopefully they have fixed that issue now. The other thing is if you want to go with a down image fish finder in the future, it won't work with the transducer in the motor.

Gene

The newer motors have a different nose cone than the one that Gene had that leaked.

The adaptor cable for your Humminbird is here:

http://motorguide.factoryoutletstore.com/details/39301/motorguide-8m4001962.html?category_id=24767

Yes, the built-in transducer will not work with any unit that has imaging of any type.

Yep, you can trim it down, I did mine and works fine!

Again, thanks for all the help guys!

I do have a side/bottom imaging unit but don't use it on the front anyways. I just use a 525 unit up there to show me depth. If I want to see more I just turn around and look at the console mounted unit.

Steve

Latest posts

Back