Motor Height on My Tin Boat??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S.

Reaction score
Noticed today My Johnson 60HP is mounted as low as possible on MY '93 Tournament V17.(Picture in Owners Gallery under Scott S) There are 4 possible positions. Any measurement or Formula for setting up motor height? The Hull is a SEMI V, SImilar to the Current Tournament V 18, Angler. etc. There is no "Pad" like a Glass Boat or the PTeam Series Tin Boats.. I have no complaints as to performance, Just Curious once again. I am able to trim the motor up a bit with the boat on the trailer. I notice the Cavitation Plate is almost Perfectly Parallel to the bottom of the boat when I do this.. Anyone experiment with motor height on a similar rig? I will be gone until Sunday and will check back then. Thanx.

Wish I could help Esox, but you may want to talk to Mac or Jim Lively on this one.

Rob

Check out this link to see if anyone there has optimized this rig. Also your prop choice is important. I would stick to aluminum for that boat.

www.basssboatcentral.com

Latest posts

Back