motor flooding sporatically

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean K

Reaction score
hey y'all, I'm having problem with the motor occasionally flooding on me. I'm wondering if it might be the ignition switch, since the choke is engaged by pushing the key in while starting.
any feedback would be great, thx in advance.....

Is the key getting stuck in the choke position? might need to just remove cover and spray some WD 40 in there and then dry and spray some silicone to lubricate.

Other thing I thought of is the tracker valve might need replacing. Look up on youtube and go from there. Be specific of your engine size and type.

What engine are you running? If you have a carbureted motor this could be an issue, but if it is EFI or DFI the push to choke feature does nothing.

Dean, please give Make, year and model of you motor for better guidance. If it is a carbed motor, I'd suspect the carb needs to be rebuilt.

it's a 2005 mercury 90 hp 2 stroke motor.

When was the last time it ran correctly? Did it set for a long period of time? However there are a few things that it could be. If it has set for a long time like a year or two the carbs. probably need to be cleaned. And the fuel pump diaphragm could be cracked or have a hole in it. Also your enricher valve could be stuck open. Just to mention a few things. The more info. the more I can try to help.

Latest posts

Back