Motor alarm 2006 Nitro 200 Mercury XRR

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banner

Reaction score
I have steady alarm going off not oil that alarm is intermittent. Already checked that sensor. It’s pissing water so not an issue it’s a steady alarm pretty loud.

Have your local dealer check your electronic shift demand sensor. Now my motor is new and could be completely different from yours but that steady alarm tone, and my Vessel View warning, indicated the electronic shift sensor was bad on mine.

I have steady alarm going off not oil that alarm is intermittent. Already checked that sensor. It’s pissing water so not an issue it’s a steady alarm pretty loud.

Sounds like one of your temp sensors has gone to ground. Disconnect the brown wire to the sensor at the cylinder head and see if it shuts the alarm off, you may have a sensor on both heads. Just a starting point for now

Could it be the sensor or thermostat the water pissing out is warm the gauge isn’t show very hot running.

Sounds like one of your temp sensors has gone to ground. Disconnect the brown wire to the sensor at the cylinder head and see if it shuts the alarm off, you may have a sensor on both heads. Just a starting point for now

Ok so yes it’s water alarm checked by shorting sensor. So next question I don’t have a temp on my dash just the water pressure is there anyway I can add one.

Ok so yes it’s water alarm checked by shorting sensor. So next question I don’t have a temp on my dash just the water pressure is there anyway I can add one.

Well you don't know if the motor is in fact hot or not. There are a few ways (1) yes they make a water temp gage kit for the dash like VDO ,Faria, Sierra, (2) Temp stick(it's like a crayon)they come in different temps. You touch it to the cylinder head if it melts that's the temp. Your motor runs about 143* the alarm go's off at 185* Or you can get a heat temp gun they sell them a Harbor Frt. Or just touch the cylinder head, you should be able to keep you hand on it for a little bit. The reason for all of this is because there are other component's on the motor that can make the alarm go off. You might just have a bad senor.

Well you don't know if the motor is in fact hot or not. There are a few ways (1) yes they make a water temp gage kit for the dash like VDO ,Faria, Sierra, (2) Temp stick(it's like a crayon)they come in different temps. You touch it to the cylinder head if it melts that's the temp. Your motor runs about 143* the alarm go's off at 185* Or you can get a heat temp gun they sell them a Harbor Frt. Or just touch the cylinder head, you should be able to keep you hand on it for a little bit. The reason for all of this is because there are other component's on the motor that can make the alarm go off. You might just have a bad senor.
Thanks will check And see.

I had a bad thermostat caused my engine to overheat. My water pressure was good also.

Latest posts

Back