More Trolling Motor Issues

• Thread starter Jimmy Easterling
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I have a Minnkota Edge 70 that I purchased earlier this year. It's not been overworked but I have been fishing. Our lake in town is split in two by a road and bridge and you can only run a trolling motor on the side I usually don't fish. It is a couple hundred yards from where I quit fishing and kick it into high to make it back to the bridge. Of course, you don't want to negotiate the crossing under the bridge on your hands and knees controlling the foot pedal with your hands because the bridge is too low to sit on your perch, so I drop the speed down to 3 for better control. Which brings me to the "Issue": It was stuck in high. I rolled the selector switch back an forth but didn't change the speed. I again checked it today with the same results. I got on line today and found what I suspect to be the fix and ordered it. One, what I ordered was the Minnkota 5 speed all terrane switch. Is that what you think it is? And two; I plan to fish a new lake this weekend and need to use my trolling motor. Is there any way to get it back into a lower speed so I don't have to "jump" every time I want to move the boat?

I had the same thing on my

Min Kota.It was the speed

control switch.I was Just lucky

I carry a spare.I don't think you can

get it out of high.:wacko:

Latest posts

Back