More info for wet boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
Here's more info on wet boat problem, (see previous message "wet boat"). I've only filled my livewell once. Now, when I bring the boat out, even with overflow tube in, I still have 3" to 5" of water in the livewell and the compartment is wet again. I've tried the bilge pump when I bring the boat in and nothing comes out. Where does the bilge pump empty? Is it the rear? And how long should I let the bilge pump run after I leave the water? Is there anyway I can look into the hull to see if there is water in it? No water ever comes out when I pull the drain plug.
Any ideas very helpful and thank you,
Barb

See my answer to your posts below. Open the compartment where your fuel tank and batteries are. You can see the hull drain in the bottom rear.
Gene

Barb, I use to get water in the livewell everytime I launched my old Pro-Angler. It would come in through the overflow. Your boat sits a lot lower than mine did so you might get that much water in there just from launching or going in reverse. Maybe you can plug up the overflow and see if that keeps water from coming in the livewell. If it does that answers one question. That still leaves us with your underseat storage. Mine always stayed dry so I am stumped on that one.

Mike

Thanks one and all, I will look into all the suggestions and let you know what I come up with.
Thanks again,
Barb

Latest posts

Back